1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I just buy the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 16GB or keep on waiting if a 32gb will be out?

Should I just buy the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB or keep on waiting if they will ever release a 32GB version?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Should I just buy the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 16GB or keep on waiting if a 32gb will be out?

The larger storage models are worth it if:

1) You just don't like microSD cards.

2) You install a lot of games with huge data files (like >500mb).

3) You don't want the hassle of moving files from internal to external memory or keeping track of what's on internal versus microSD card.

4) You use apps that don't have microSD storage options (maybe an old Podcast or file download program).

Otherwise, you can get the 16gb model now with a 64gb memory card for less than a 32gb model that isn't currently available.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Re: Should I just buy the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 16GB or keep on waiting if a 32gb will be out?

It really depends on your usage.

Since the Note 2 takes Micro SD cards you can increase the memory if you need. I believe the Micro SD is only for files and media content rather than apps but then 16gb is still quite a lot of memory when it comes to apps. If you already have an Android phone what memory does it have and how much are you using?

I was also just about to say I dont think it supports apps to SD. Or at least I havent figured out how to move my apps to my sd card... Now I dont know why I would need a 64gb card. Im not going to take THAT many pictures, lol.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris5626 View Post
    It really depends on your usage.

Since the Note 2 takes Micro SD cards you can increase the memory if you need. I believe the Micro SD is only for files and media content rather than apps but then 16gb is still quite a lot of memory when it comes to apps. If you already have an Android phone what memory does it have and how much are you using?
    Right now I have a Nexus S 4G with 16GB but I can move my game data to sd card. I am rooted but I don't want to root the Note 2. I just wished Sprint will let people know if they will have the 32GB version or not.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It doesn't look like a higher capacity is coming to the U.S. I think carriers are just sticking to 16GB because that's what sells best.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Hi I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador and am here to help. Sprint plans on carrying the 16GB version of the Note II. We are not aware of a higher capacity internal memory device coming to Sprint at this time. Other US carriers are also carrying the 16GB model also. But with a 64GB SD card you can significantly increase your memory capacity on the device.

You know you really don't have 16GBs, what you have to work with is only 10GBs (after system software) . With that said I'm waiting for the 32GB!!

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

The 16 gig is just finem. A sd card of your choice will take care of storage issues

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

To be honest. I always get the new phone when they come out bc while your waiting for a model with more space...another good phone comes out or something leaks of something new so since you can just get a memory card with more space, just get the new phone while you can