Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Wi-Fi Not shutting off and keeping phone awake?

So i have discovered the start awake culprit and noticed that when i manually turn Wi-Fi off the phone sleeps properly. So my question is is there a fix without using an app to get Wi-Fi to turn off when the phone is off. I have the Wi-Fi manager set to never stay awake, and can't figure out why it won't shut off

BillJr106@hotmail.com

Default Re: Wi-Fi Not shutting off and keeping phone awake?

Quote Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
    So i have discovered the start awake culprit and noticed that when i manually turn Wi-Fi off the phone sleeps properly. So my question is is there a fix without using an app to get Wi-Fi to turn off when the phone is off. I have the Wi-Fi manager set to never stay awake, and can't figure out why it won't shut off

BillJr106@hotmail.com
    Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Connections Optimizer>Uncheck the Sprint Connections Optimizer

This wil turn that off for you.

Default Re: Wi-Fi Not shutting off and keeping phone awake?

Hi I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador and am here to help. Evo4g is correct in that's how you disable Sprint Connections Optimizer, but we recommend leaving Optimizer on if at all possible as it is designed to find trusted and open APs, reliveing the cellular radio from polling and therefore save battery life on your handset. Even the Wi-Fi radio polling for connections does not impact battery significantly in testing. If the device cannot connect to an open AP it sees it will shut the radio back off.