- 79 Posts
Wi-Fi Not shutting off and keeping phone awake?
So i have discovered the start awake culprit and noticed that when i manually turn Wi-Fi off the phone sleeps properly. So my question is is there a fix without using an app to get Wi-Fi to turn off when the phone is off. I have the Wi-Fi manager set to never stay awake, and can't figure out why it won't shut off
- 11-12-2012, 07:38 AM #2
- 11-12-2012, 12:49 PM #3
- 35 Posts
Re: Wi-Fi Not shutting off and keeping phone awake?
Hi I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador and am here to help. Evo4g is correct in that's how you disable Sprint Connections Optimizer, but we recommend leaving Optimizer on if at all possible as it is designed to find trusted and open APs, reliveing the cellular radio from polling and therefore save battery life on your handset. Even the Wi-Fi radio polling for connections does not impact battery significantly in testing. If the device cannot connect to an open AP it sees it will shut the radio back off.
- By BillJr106 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 10Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:26 AM
- By SpaceMuffin in forum LG AllyReplies: 9Last Post: 05-31-2011, 12:09 AM
- By sixstorm in forum Motorola DevourReplies: 8Last Post: 10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
- By mannyvigi1985 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
- By Gekko in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 29Last Post: 06-08-2010, 04:58 PM