update caused facebook events on my s calendar???

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
i had to uninstall my facebook and then reinstall...i'm thinking because of the update with the new toggles and my having 'sync' illuminated, it possibly made my calendar sync with my facebook friends birthdays, events, etc....stuff i DONT want on my calendar...is this what happened? what does having 'sync' illuminated do? does it affect my facebook info?

bhake76

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, scroll down to accounts section. Select Facebook, then select your name (Facebook account). There you will see checked boxes for calendar, contacts, and events to sync. Just uncheck what you don't want to sync.

Bobbi Mitchell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
mine did the same as his i set mine to unsync but all of the birthdays are STILL THEIR i have a LOT of friends on facebook so now i have everyday booked up with peoples birthdays!! is their anyway to get rid of all of this crap on my phone that i didnt want besides going through and deleting everything?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
EVERY time FB updates I get this. I have to uninstall the FB app and then reinstall it. It doesn't matter that I have unchecked calendar syncing. It just does it on it's own. It pisses me off to no end.

So uninstall the FB app, then reinstall it. Calendar crap will be gone.

Like I need 800 people's birthdays in my calendar...