Navigation screen dim

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does this happen to you, you have your Navigation turn by turn on, you have to go a few miles without turning and then your screen goes dim? It does light up when something happens like a turn or something, but if its in the daylight its kind of annoying. I turned auto brightness off with screen to high and it still did it. Anyone have a fix?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it is designed that way to save the screen and battery from being on at a high level of brightness for an extended period of time. My Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch does it when using navigation also.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you plug your phone into the charger it won't dim. I think it's a good idea if you charge it while using navigation otherwise you will get lost on longer trips, when. The battery died. Get the 2 amp charger from the android Central store from qmadix, it's awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you plug your phone into the charger it won't dim. I think it's a good idea if you charge it while using navigation otherwise you will get lost on longer trips, when. The battery died. Get the 2 amp charger from the android Central store from qmadix, it's awesome.

Can you link to that charger...there seems to be quite a lot of them...

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have another navigation app issue.

This weekend when using it, it switched from the normal navigation view (you at bottom, upcoming roads going up towards the top of the device) to the overhead view (map view?) during navigation. How the heck do I get it to switch back? Can't find any setting for this.

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have another navigation app issue.

This weekend when using it, it switched from the normal navigation view (you at bottom, upcoming roads going up towards the top of the device) to the overhead view (map view?) during navigation. How the heck do I get it to switch back? Can't find any setting for this.

I think I understand what you are referring too, when you are in the navigation app and it switches to overhead view hit the blue nav icon in the left hand corner and it will return putting you back to the view where it shows you basically following the icon

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not true. I tried that, still dimmed. Just gotta uncheck that box!

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Its safer to turn off the screen what are you looking at the road or the screen.? 75 MPH freeways where I live lots of big rigs curves heavy macheanery construction. You get the idea don't pay attention to those assholes that don't use a blinker while turning boom. Hello insurrrance adjuster or hospital or worse.
I guess I'm lucky I have a custom installed pioneer head unit with a headphone jack plug. I simply put it on the charger in the cup holder. Plug in the jack and boom I'm there. But I only use it maybe 4 or 5 times in a year.
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)