Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Default Re: S-Voice

My settings are identical to AnnDroid, with one exception. I do have the 'hide offensive words' option checked

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you press Save, does it work? So far, all I've asked it was "Schedule an appointment for [day of the week] at [time]." I haven't asked it to Schedule an appointment with President Obama in the WhiteHouse at 2pm."

Do you have WiFi/data connection at the time? Doesn't make sense that you can remove an appointment. btw, how do you do that?

Also, can you get S Voice to wake up with your command? I can't get Google Now or S Voice to do this and it would be ssooo slick!
    Dont know bout anyone else, but I can wake S Voice up 99% of the time with my command........so I say thats very good. As for google now, I cant even get to the settings to enable the google command. But from what I seen on YouTube, you can only use the google command to wake it up on the first page. After that, its back to pressin on the mic.

Has anyone tried doing a reminder with S Voice. I tried a reminder for taking out the trash. It works well, but all it does is announce "take out the trash" only once. After that I can see an icon on the notification bar. Does anyone know how to make the reminder repeat more than once???
    Thanked by:
    DAS 

I think I know what the problem is. It has to do with Kies Air thing that they put on the phone and that you cannot remove. It apparently has its own calendar called My Calendar and it interferes with the Google Calendar. I went into Calendar-Settings-Calendars-unticked My calendar (which is the Kies Air calendar) and made sure that everything else was checked. I then tried using the S Voice and when the bubble comes up that asks if you want to save it say SAVE not yes. It put it on my calendar on the phone and when I went to my Google calendar it popped up there.
    Mary and Pat

Both happy Samsung Note II users
    Thanked by 2:
    DASiyasss 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I think I know what the problem is. It has to do with Kies Air thing that they put on the phone and that you cannot remove. It apparently has its own calendar called My Calendar and it interferes with the Google Calendar. I went into Calendar-Settings-Calendars-unticked My calendar (which is the Kies Air calendar) and made sure that everything else was checked. I then tried using the S Voice and when the bubble comes up that asks if you want to save it say SAVE not yes. It put it on my calendar on the phone and when I went to my Google calendar it popped up there.
    Thank you for responding. I will give that a try and see what results I get. This thing has me baffled.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I have My Calendars checked and my phone permits Save. However, you may be onto something. I have never updated my Kies Air (when I go into Google Play, it's listed in the Manual updates and will sit there forever).

DAS, if you did do the update for Kies Air, can you uninstall the updates? I know we can't uninstall the app, but it will permit you to uninstall all updates.
    Galaxy Note 2 <~ OG EVO 4G <~ HTC Fuze <~ HTC3125 <~ Motorola Something

I'm having the exact same problem with my galaxy s3, have done a soft reset and hard reset, done everything with the calendars and still will not work. If I go I to the app and clear the cache, it works for a little while, but the fault returns again ... Have no idea why it does this
    Thanked by:
    DAS 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by albie999 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem with my galaxy s3, have done a soft reset and hard reset, done everything with the calendars and still will not work. If I go I to the app and clear the cache, it works for a little while, but the fault returns again ... Have no idea why it does this
    I have tried everything, and I cannot get it to work. Sprint even replaced my phone and the problem showed up again on the new device?

AnnDroid and others have worked so hard to help me, but it still doesn't work. Tomorrow I am suppose to take the phone into a Sprint store but honestly I don't think it will do any good.

I plan on just contacting Samsung again to see what they can offer.

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Hmm I have Kies and the Kies update. But I don't use Kies.

Hmm. Baffling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
    Thanked by:
    DAS 

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

This is probably non related but I just looked at my settings, I'm on AT&T FWIW, and I don't have an on/off toggle for control apps? I can tap control apps and get the options for incoming calls, alarm, camera and music. Other than that, my settings look the same minus the fact that I have wake up in lock screen unchecked.
    Thanked by:
    DAS 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Hmm I have Kies and the Kies update. But I don't use Kies.

Hmm. Baffling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    I just performed the Kies Air update, which was about 9mb, but afterwards the problem remained? Part of me wants to give up, but I keep thinking there has to be an answer.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davela72 View Post
    This is probably non related but I just looked at my settings, I'm on AT&T FWIW, and I don't have an on/off toggle for control apps? I can tap control apps and get the options for incoming calls, alarm, camera and music. Other than that, my settings look the same minus the fact that I have wake up in lock screen unchecked.
    Are you able to schedule appointments using s - voice?

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Are you able to schedule appointments using s - voice?

Yes, I tried it both ways when it asked if I wanted to save. I tried "yes" and also "save" and it saved both of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    DAS 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Today is another day, and I will be working with Samsung and Sprint again seeking a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Thank you for checking. I will try your method and see what results I get. At this point I'll take anything.

DAS, did you try this. Hopefulfarm and I have sync turned off.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

DAS, did you try this. Hopefulfarm and I have sync turned off.
    Yes, I did. I turned off the sync of every Google and Yahoo account (although I only sync my personal and work Google calendars) . In fact, I even uninstalled them all together and just left the native calendar app active. I also tried to bypass the native calendar and installed the official Google Calendar, but again no success.

I have an appointment with the corporate store this morning, and I'll report back what happens. I'm not expecting much, but I remain cautiously optimistic

:rolleyes:

DAS, did you try eye of Newt or standing on 1 hand while rubbing your belly with the other? this is amazing.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

DAS, did you try eye of Newt or standing on 1 hand while rubbing your belly with the other? this is amazing.
    Lol. AnnDroid, you know I gave it try, but unfortunately that still didn't work.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Well, after spending up to 45 minutes at the Sprint store I went away with a device that is still incapable of adding appointments to the calendar using s voice

However, once again Sprint didn't disappoint and agreed to send me now my third device. I should get it in two or three days and hopefully this one is charm. Thank you to everyone who has responded, and done your best to assist me.

The issue has everyone at Sprint and Samsung puzzled, but other than the minor inconvenience of taking the old device to the post office to ship back, I'll keep pushing until I get a device that works.

Personally, I don't think it is the phone but the S-Voice itself. Maybe they will come out with a fix for it if enough people have a problem.
    Mary and Pat

Thanked by:
    DAS 
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Personally, I don't think it is the phone but the S-Voice itself. Maybe they will come out with a fix for it if enough people have a problem.
    I actually agree with you, except no one else seems to have the problem. While in the corporate store today we tested both units and they worked perfectly. The funny thing was that Manager went online to check the forums to see what others might be saying, but all he could fine is my own thread on this issue over at XDA Developers, and this one.

I'm sure if the Manager had any doubts about my concern that convinced him. I still believe it's a setting somewhere, but I'll wait and see with this new device.

Did you try unticking MY CALENDAR (I am not screaming) in the calendar app menu? That little thing made my calendar sync with Google where before it would not.
    Mary and Pat

Thanked by:
    DAS 
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

With a special thanks to AnnDroid the problem has been found and corrected.

I had to create a new main gmail account and just like that I can now save appointments to the calendar using s-voice. It appears the gmail account I always used as my main account must have been corrupted in some way (I'm not sure how). Therefore, no matter how many phones Sprint sent me the result would be the same, because I always would use that Gmail address to set up the phone.

I am now using the new gmail account I created as my main account, and the other one as the secondary.

Since all my applications, YouTube, movies, music and everything else is associated with the old account I now need to go through the really laborious task of redownloading my apps under the new account. This will keep me up for awhile, but I don't mind.

I feel bad about having Sprint send me another phone so I will contact them and cancel the replacement. Now I understand why the issue was unique to me, and followed me no matter which phone I used. Thank you all for your help! A special thanks to AnnDroid for giving me the suggestion.

AnnDroid likes this.

How do you get all your events onto you new calendar?
    Mary and Pat

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

How do you get all your events onto you new calendar?
    The new primary account is only used to set up the phone. The amazing thing is once set up, I discovered the user can select any account to download files and choose the calendar from.

Therefore, all my apps, music, movies, and calendar events from the old account are still there, except I can't use that account to set up the phone.

DAS, am glad you got to the bottom of this, but I don't really understand how a GMAIL account could be corrupted. Also, when you say you can add another account, to be able to download etc, did you just remove the new account once phone setup and then add in the details for the old account?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast