S-Voice

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I need your help!

Can someone please try to schedule an appointment using S-voice?

I have tried and tried, and each time the message I consistently get back is, "I'm sorry, I cannot save your appointment to your calendar."

Using S-voice I can easily set alarms, call contacts, send text messages, remove appointments, or add/delete tasks, but it fails when attempting to ADD appointments?

It goes through the prompts just fine, but gives the message above at the final step? I cannot figure out why?

Please help.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work. I told it to Save. When I answered Yes, it didn't understand me, go figure.

Edit: I have the Samsung Calendar installed, could that be a problem if you dont' have it? Never mind, it added the appointment to both calendars.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work. I told it to Save. When I answered Yes, it didn't understand me, go figure.

Edit: I have the Samsung Calendar installed, could that be a problem if you dont' have it? Never mind, it added the appointment to both calendars.

@ AnnDroid: Thank you so much for checking. I have both the Samsung & Google calendars installed and I just don't understand why it will not work for me? I tried your suggestion and spoke "save" at the point where I was asked "Should I put it in your calendar?" Unfortunately I got the same response: it first says, "I'm saving your appointment," immediately followed by, "Sorry, I could not save it to your calendar." Click here to see screen shot: View attachment 46129

For the life of me I cannot discern why it's not working for me? I have actually grown to use and like S-voice, but this one action it will not cooperate. :'(

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, if you press Save, does it work? So far, all I've asked it was "Schedule an appointment for [day of the week] at [time]." I haven't asked it to Schedule an appointment with President Obama in the WhiteHouse at 2pm."

Do you have WiFi/data connection at the time? Doesn't make sense that you can remove an appointment. btw, how do you do that?

Also, can you get S Voice to wake up with your command? I can't get Google Now or S Voice to do this and it would be ssooo slick!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, if you press Save, does it work? So far, all I've asked it was "Schedule an appointment for [day of the week] at [time]." I haven't asked it to Schedule an appointment with President Obama in the WhiteHouse at 2pm."

Do you have WiFi/data connection at the time? Doesn't make sense that you can remove an appointment. btw, how do you do that?

Also, can you get S Voice to wake up with your command? I can't get Google Now or S Voice to do this and it would be ssooo slick!

Thanks again for the suggestions. I did try to get it to work by pressing save, but sadly the result was the same. I have even tried to get it working when connected to wifi and 4g, but the result was again the same.

I actually like the application, and use it pretty extensively. To remove an appointment you simply need to activate s-voice and speak out the phrase "remove 2pm appointment with President Obama," and the digital assistant will confirm your request and remove the appointment.

I haven't used s-voice to wake up, but it works great when a call comes in. I simply say "answer" or "reject" and so far it's been flawless.

Honestly, it's not as smooth as Apple's Siri, but it's vastly improved from their first offering and works really well.

My sore spot is just getting it to add a new appointment. If I could figure out how to overcome that one hurdle then I'd be good to go :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

lapaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same problem on my new Galaxy Note 2. I thought it might have to do with setting a default calendar but I haven't seen any option to do that. I did uncheck the Samsung calendar from the list of calendars so I would only have the gmail one active but the result was the same. I have also tried with 3G and wifi only and I can't get it to save. I don't have any problem at all setting alarms or doing any other thing with S Voice, its just the calendar. I am new to Android so I don't really know what to try.
Could it be that Gmail's two step verification is on the way? I mean, I authorized the phone when first creating my gmail account so I can sync mail and the calendar, but maybe S Voice should be added as a different app? If so where should I change the password? I think I might be talking nonsense.
Please help.
Thanks.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same problem on my new Galaxy Note 2. I thought it might have to do with setting a default calendar but I haven't seen any option to do that. I did uncheck the Samsung calendar from the list of calendars so I would only have the gmail one active but the result was the same. I have also tried with 3G and wifi only and I can't get it to save. I don't have any problem at all setting alarms or doing any other thing with S Voice, its just the calendar. I am new to Android so I don't really know what to try.
Could it be that Gmail's two step verification is on the way? I mean, I authorized the phone when first creating my gmail account so I can sync mail and the calendar, but maybe S Voice should be added as a different app? If so where should I change the password? I think I might be talking nonsense.
Please help.
Thanks.

This is a good point as AnnDroid mentioned. I had not considered two step authorization within the calendar being a problem. However, I removed all the calendars, gmail, Samsung, my corporate one, and again I got the same message?

I have to think it must be a bug in the software, but if that were the case we should all be experiencing the same thing I would think. At least all of us who have the Sprint version?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved!!! I contacted Samsung and all that was required was a soft reset of the device. I feel like I should have known that.

1. turn off the phone
2. remove the battery
3. wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in
4. power up, and test application.
5. EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE :D

Thank you all for your help, concern, and comments.

lapaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Problem solved!!! I contacted Samsung and all that was required was a soft reset of the device. I feel like I should have known that.

1. turn off the phone
2. remove the battery
3. wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in
4. power up, and test application.
5. EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE :D

Thank you all for your help, concern, and comments.

Glad for you DAS :)

I can't get it to work over here though.
I tried the soft reset and it didn't work.

However, I removed all the calendars, gmail, Samsung, my corporate one
Do you mean you unchecked the calendars from the settings in S Planner or did you actually delete the corresponding email accounts?
That is going to be my next move, although I don't know if can delete the gmail account from the device :eek:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad for you DAS :)

I can't get it to work over here though.
I tried the soft reset and it didn't work.

Do you mean you unchecked the calendars from the settings in S Planner or did you actually delete the corresponding email accounts?
That is going to be my next move, although I don't know if can delete the gmail account from the device :eek:

What I did was uncheck each calendar in the s-planner settings. It would be a pain in the neck, but you may want to try a full reset of the device back to factory default, and start from scratch. That is extreme, but that would have been my next move if Samsung would not have offered a working solution.

Please keep us informed. In the meantime I will keep digging around to try and help you.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am so sad. The feature worked for a few hours, but is inactive once again. I'm right back were I started, and I can no longer add appointments using s-voice :-(

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So we know it can work. Were you at work when it worked and then at home it didn't? (thinking WiFi, data, gps, groping for an answer). Do you auto sync on? Mine of off. (again just talking out loud).

edit: DAS, do you have 2-factor authorization?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So we know it can work. Were you at work when it worked and then at home it didn't? (thinking WiFi, data, gps, groping for an answer). Do you auto sync on? Mine of off. (again just talking out loud).

I was at work, using 4G data, in both instances. It worked fine for about an hour or so, and then right before leaving the office the message resurfaced. Is it possible to explain 2-factor authorization? I'm not sure I have this enabled or not?

As you mentioned, we know it can work, and other than the soft reset I made no changes to my phones settings.

lapaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Hey AnnDroid, what do you mean you have auto sync off? Where can I see that setting? I just checked gmail sync settings in my phone and I get an error in the item "sync internet", which has been sitting there since last time I checked. I unchecked it just to keep trying but I did not notice any difference at all. What is this internet sync anyway?

gmailSyncSettings.png

Thanks everyone for your efforts.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
DAS, doubt you have 2-step verification setup. Here is a video from Google: How it works - Accounts Help I only mentioned it because Lapaki said he/she has it set.

Lapaki, I set Sync to No when I initially set up the phone because I'm not always near a connection, wifi or mobile. I'm trying to find all the spots that have No, but for now, I have sync set to No in my Gmail. In Google Calendar, Settings, MyGmail@gmail.com, Accounts & Sync, Auto sync app data is unchecked.

This is madding why it works for me and neither of you two. Would be so much easier sitting side-by-side to compare settings, there's so many!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank each of you for your help. It turns out the fix was to perform a hard reset, and now everything is working fine. I didn't want to do it, but after trying everything else you all suggested, and everything I could think of, it seems like it was all that would work.

AnnDroid a special thanks to you for all of your help. I can now schedule appointments using s - voice :)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello friends. I'm back again because the hard reset turned out to be a temporary fix. A day or so after everything was working I discovered the device had gone backwards and once again I could not add appointments via s-voice. Remember, I can edit/delete appointments and perform every other command.

I contacted Sprint who promptly sent me a replacement (thank you Sprint), but after swapping devices and getting the new one all set up, the brand new one had the same issue? The only common denominator in this dilemma is me, and where I live and work. I know it's possible that I got two defective devices, but it doesn't seem probable.

AnnDroid and others have been so helpful in the past. Please AnnDroid and anyone else who might be able to help. Is anyone else having the same issue?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is the message I receive when using s-voice to add appointments.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353782013008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353782013008.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 139

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca