Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 126
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by lbccpt View Post
    To get the $199 you should feel lucky bc it is out of stock. To get $99 upgrade price is crazy. It all depends on the bb employee intelligence level/laziness.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    It also depends if your local store wants you as a customer. I was talking to store manager and he said he didn't care too much about it. He even said that if an item is way too low of a price to price match they'll look for a similar item and give it to you for the matching price. He said it's all about getting your business. I guess it all depends on how your local bb handles the price matching policy. It's at their discretion.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  2. #102  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Here is my story....I was originally getting the S3...had upgrade avail. since May... but waited to see if Sprint would get the Note 2. Been waiting since for the price to come down some. Well, I went to my local Best Buy Store and was told they don't price match at all on the Note 2s...too popular. I went further and said, oh you do, and Amazon has it for 99. The girl left and asked the manager....came back and said they would go ahead and price match the 199 (they looked it up and printed it out) since it was an upgrade. I walked out. The next day I went to the Mobile Best Buy in the mall....directly across the street. Walked in and said I want to buy the Galaxy Note 2. Asked (confirmed) you do price match with Amazon correct? Yes. I said, ok, because they have it for 99. He went in the back, grabbed my phone, sat down and started writing his form out with 99. No questions, no lookup. I was sure when he realized I was an upgrade that it would be a no-go. But I walked out with my 99 dollar Note2! I saw others getting this deal and was prepared to shop the other Best Buys in my local area...but so glad I didn't have to! Very happy girl here!!
    werkx likes this.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: Price Match

    So after reading everyone's story here, I am wondering if I should go back to Best Buy and try to get the new customer price matched. I bought the Note 2 at BB on a $250 price match for Amazon renewal price on 12/3. I went back to the same BB to get the price matched to the new $200 Amazon price on 12/17 and they refunded me the $50 plus tax. No problems both times. When I purchased the phone they did check on Amazon.com to verify the price, I did bring a printout though anyway. When I went to get the $50 back on 12/17 I also had the print out and the rep. had the manager approve the $50 refund, they didn't check Amazon.com that time. I could use the $100 right now but I also don't want to drive all around the suburbs and go to multiple BB stores to do this. I am wondering if they will give me any problems or what. I may have to do what some people have suggested go either really early or really late, before closing. $100 is decent chunk of change for me right now. Hmmmm...
  4. #104  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by vicp26 View Post
    So after reading everyone's story here, I am wondering if I should go back to Best Buy and try to get the new customer price matched. I bought the Note 2 at BB on a $250 price match for Amazon renewal price on 12/3. I went back to the same BB to get the price matched to the new $200 Amazon price on 12/17 and they refunded me the $50 plus tax. No problems both times. When I purchased the phone they did check on Amazon.com to verify the price, I did bring a printout though anyway. When I went to get the $50 back on 12/17 I also had the print out and the rep. had the manager approve the $50 refund, they didn't check Amazon.com that time. I could use the $100 right now but I also don't want to drive all around the suburbs and go to multiple BB stores to do this. I am wondering if they will give me any problems or what. I may have to do what some people have suggested go either really early or really late, before closing. $100 is decent chunk of change for me right now. Hmmmm...
    I would definitely try. It will not hurt. It worked for me. I went back 2 times plus they originally price matched an email I got from sprint and took off $50 when I first bought it.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  5. #105  

    Default Re: Price Match

    I printed up the $99 amazon price, took it to BB...

    I showed it to the rep and he acted shocked like he had never seen such a low price, so I thought I was getting the win....

    he took it ot his manager, who asked if I currently had a Sprint account, I sheepishly said yes, then he said he knows that price is only for new lines, and someone already ran that scam on him.....


    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    no phone, I may try a different BB
  6. #106  

    Default Re: Price Match

    I was also able to get Best Buy to price match the $99 Amazon advertisement. I was actually very surprised, but the guy looked it up and said ok.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  7. #107  

    Default Re: Price Match

    So I went back to the Best Buy that originally offered to price match down to $99, after I noticed that Amazon now had it in stock. They price matched me to the upgrade price of $199 instead, and to be honest, I'm still extremely happy. I'm glad some of you guys were able to get a better deal on this, but my god this phone was worth the extra $100 anyway.
  8. #108  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Mike View Post
    I printed up the $99 amazon price, took it to BB...

    I showed it to the rep and he acted shocked like he had never seen such a low price, so I thought I was getting the win....

    he took it ot his manager, who asked if I currently had a Sprint account, I sheepishly said yes, then he said he knows that price is only for new lines, and someone already ran that scam on him.....


    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    no phone, I may try a different BB
    I hate how that guy said "someone already ran that scam". It's not a scam. It's just that some stores care about more about customer service more than others. If they don't wish to do it then that's their choice, but don't call it a scam. It's just price matching which best buy is known for. If they don't want to do it for the $99 then they have to do it for the other price. If they give you a hassle then call corporate. All stores have to follow the price matching policy.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  9. #109  
    jdod's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    I hate how that guy said "someone already ran that scam". It's not a scam. It's just that some stores care about more about customer service more than others. If they don't wish to do it then that's their choice, but don't call it a scam. It's just price matching which best buy is known for. If they don't want to do it for the $99 then they have to do it for the other price. If they give you a hassle then call corporate. All stores have to follow the price matching policy.
    The key word here is "policy". Their policy is to provide price matching for like products. If you are upgrading a line and not getting new service, then the proper price to match is that of other retailers offering upgrade hardware, not hardware priced for a new line.

    So, if you try to deceive the store employee by printing the wrong competing offer (new service when you are upgrading) and presenting that print out for a price match, or if you otherwise present the wrong offer on their or your internet enabled device, I would at least call that dishonest if not a scam, and certainly taking advantage of perhaps an uninformed store employee.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s ->
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  10. #110  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Amazon has the Note 2 for $169, think Best Buy will match?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  11. #111  
    werkx's Avatar

    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

    Default Re: Price Match

    Doesn't hurt to try but don't be surprised if they won't. One, the holiday crazed is over, and two, it could be you might need to try multiple BB's. Good luck.
  12. #112  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Bb price matched amazon for me last night. $140 n im a happy camper
  13. #113  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    The key word here is "policy". Their policy is to provide price matching for like products. If you are upgrading a line and not getting new service, then the proper price to match is that of other retailers offering upgrade hardware, not hardware priced for a new line.

    So, if you try to deceive the store employee by printing the wrong competing offer (new service when you are upgrading) and presenting that print out for a price match, or if you otherwise present the wrong offer on their or your internet enabled device, I would at least call that dishonest if not a scam, and certainly taking advantage of perhaps an uninformed store employee.
    No one is deceiving anyone. It's the store's responsibility to look up the price that you are trying to price match. If you tell them that amazon has it for $99 and they go look it up, like in my case, and give you the match for the new price that's their choice. I understand if you print out the info yourself and then try to block out the part that says new even though your renewing then that's deceiving or trying to scam. It's up to best buy to do their research of they offer the price match.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  14. #114  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    Amazon has the Note 2 for $169, think Best Buy will match?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    They'll match whatever price is the latest for your respective situation. If you are renewing they'll give you the matching amazon renewal price. But some best buys are known to just give the lower price whether your renewing or not.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  15. #115  
    dvdmon's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    No one is deceiving anyone. It's the store's responsibility to look up the price that you are trying to price match. If you tell them that amazon has it for $99 and they go look it up, like in my case, and give you the match for the new price that's their choice. I understand if you print out the info yourself and then try to block out the part that says new even though your renewing then that's deceiving or trying to scam. It's up to best buy to do their research of they offer the price match.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    That, my friend, is a rationalization for unethical behavior if I've ever heard one! So it's up to someone you are trying to trick to uncover that trick? It's THEIR responsibility to figure it out, not YOUR responsibility to actually be honest to begin with? Please! I provided them a printout of the new price on Amazon (or whatever the site was, I can't recall now) when I had upgraded, so I was not exactly ethical myself in doing this (in retrospect), but I could never justify what I did by saying that Best Buy somehow had the responsibility to catch me and I had no responsibility to actually be honest. That smacks of total self-delusion, sorry...
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.
  16. #116  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Is this still going on? So i can get a note 2 at $139.99 that amazon has it? Im still going back and forth on getting one the main reason is price but if i can get one for that i will, my local sprint store opens at 1pm and bestbuy is open now. Can someone let me know if this still going on and if so how to i show them that its $139.99, do i just print it out, show them on my phone, or will they look it up? Thanks All looking to join the N2 club!
    2001 Dodge Dakota "daily"
    Still looking for a play toy :/

    Lg Marquee > Droid 1 > Droid X2 > Galaxy Note 2 "The Beast" > Lg G2 > HTC One M8 > Samsung Galaxy S5
  17. #117  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostkilla1388 View Post
    Is this still going on? So i can get a note 2 at $139.99 that amazon has it? Im still going back and forth on getting one the main reason is price but if i can get one for that i will, my local sprint store opens at 1pm and bestbuy is open now. Can someone let me know if this still going on and if so how to i show them that its $139.99, do i just print it out, show them on my phone, or will they look it up? Thanks All looking to join the N2 club!
    Thats what I got mine for fri night. I pulled up th website on my evo and showed that to th sales rep. He scrolled around an said if his boss says yes then they would. He showed his boss th wep page on my phone. His boss said thats fine. I left w a note 2 for 140 b4 taxes.
  18. #118  

    Default Re: Price Match

    I might go to bestbuy to get it, if the deals still on, wish there was a way that i knew before i drive 40 miles but i guess i can see if my truck drones on the highway with the new mufflers XD haha
    2001 Dodge Dakota "daily"
    Still looking for a play toy :/

    Lg Marquee > Droid 1 > Droid X2 > Galaxy Note 2 "The Beast" > Lg G2 > HTC One M8 > Samsung Galaxy S5
  19. #119  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    That, my friend, is a rationalization for unethical behavior if I've ever heard one! So it's up to someone you are trying to trick to uncover that trick? It's THEIR responsibility to figure it out, not YOUR responsibility to actually be honest to begin with? Please! I provided them a printout of the new price on Amazon (or whatever the site was, I can't recall now) when I had upgraded, so I was not exactly ethical myself in doing this (in retrospect), but I could never justify what I did by saying that Best Buy somehow had the responsibility to catch me and I had no responsibility to actually be honest. That smacks of total self-delusion, sorry...
    I never said I was trying to trick anyone. When I went to bb for the price match I told them amazon had it lower and they had 2 prices. One for renewal and one for new line. They then said ok, let me take a look and they did their research and said, ok sir we can give you the $99 pricing. As for taking a printout that has both prices on it and they still choose to give you the lowest price available that's their choice. No one is trying to trick anyone, at least im not. Don't know what you mean by your self delusion comment but whatever it's for, it's ok calm down, no one is trying to start an argument here.
    In the end everyone chooses to do whatever they want to do. I understand if you tried to hide from the bb employee that you got a renewal but the price you showed them is for a new line is deceiving. But that's not what I did and I also can't control what others would do.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  20. #120  

    Default Re: Price Match

    just came back from Best Buy, they would not honor Amazon price match for 2 reasons.
    1. It was more than 50 percent less then what they were selling it for.
    2. Because it was back ordered on Amazon they would not honor it! Once it says avaliable he could do it for $150. Not the advertised $139
  21. #121  

    Default Re: Price Match

    My best buy just honored mine for 169 (add a line). No questions asked. Thanks for the help everyone!

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  22. #122  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
    just came back from Best Buy, they would not honor Amazon price match for 2 reasons.
    1. It was more than 50 percent less then what they were selling it for.
    2. Because it was back ordered on Amazon they would not honor it! Once it says avaliable he could do it for $150. Not the advertised $139
    Go to a different best buy

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  23. #123  

    Default Re: Price Match

    Quote Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
    just came back from Best Buy, they would not honor Amazon price match for 2 reasons.
    1. It was more than 50 percent less then what they were selling it for.
    2. Because it was back ordered on Amazon they would not honor it! Once it says avaliable he could do it for $150. Not the advertised $139
    I read more into the policy and both of those reasons are valid. It's just some stores choose customer over policy more than others. Only problem with this is that amazon will always say not available although they usually ship within a week. Best thing for you to do is go to another bb if that's possible or price match a local walmart or just try to price match over the phone. I don't know if their still giving that huge amount of reward points by purchasing on reward zone site.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  24. #124  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default Re: Price Match

    Walked out of BB with a Note 2 for $139.99 plus tax yesterday. No questions asked, no hassle. Couldn't believe it

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #125  

    Default Re: Price Match

    When you guys are price matching, are they checking you current account status before you buy (to see if you are eligible for an upgrade or not)?

    I would love to buy a Note 2 for me and give my S2 to my wife, but we can't upgrade until May.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy price match the free Fascinate for me today.
    By jason821 in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
  2. BB price match Sprint on the EVO?
    By rockdawg in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 10:29 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 08:55 PM
  4. Best Buy price match Walmart? (Motorola Droid)
    By MNTwinsFan in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
  5. Best buy $99, will Sprint price match?
    By nbnguy98 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions