Moving Apps to SD card?

billbryan516

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems this function isn't available. I just got the new update and still can't move my apps to the sd card. Oddly, on a 16 gb phone I now have just over 1gb left of storage on the internal memory. I restored most of my apps from my original epic but CRAP!!! How is my phone nearly full already!? There's got to be a way to free up some memory...or a LOT OF MEMORY!!
Anyone know of any tricks?
Any info is much appreciated.
OH...ALSO...if you haven't already, NFS Most Wanted is pretty sick on this thing! Lots of fun and great gfx. I recommend it!! N.O.V.A 3 is good too! Glad to have a phone I can finally game on and take seriously...not just a toilet "temple run"er. :)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It is my understanding that with Jelly Bean two functions were lost:

1. The ability to move apps to the SD card

2. Adobe Flash support.

If you're a heavy gamer I believe you'll want a device with more internal storage. The SD card will hold your media (music, photos, movies etc.), but for games it is my understanding that they eat up your internal memory; especially if you have graphic intense games that can be 1-2 gb of storage each.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Venpacasa

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So still no moving of apps? How do developers Google and all even think this is a good thing? If there is some advantages at least give us the option.....

Sent from my SPH-L900

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So with Jelly Bean we have the same lack of flash as the iphone?

This is not an Android/iOS issue at this point. Adobe has discontinued Flash (in favor of HTML5), across all platforms, so they're not maintaining the Flash Player for new versions of Android.

Mrphi01

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If your rooted I found GL to SD(root) works great, it moves most apps effortlessly to SD. I just needed to move some of my larger game apps, those games that was 1gb and larger.

jayiminr

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
for some silly reason my S3 is on 4.3 version and lets me move apps to the sd card, which i find it very anooying i want to stop this for happening