1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 & Google Voice Not Working - Need setup help

I've used google voice on VZW prior without issues. Now, with my # ported over to sprint on my new Note it looks like my text messages are being sent OUT from my Google Voice #, not my actual physical cell #. How can I fix this? Is there a setting on the google voice admin page or is the setting to change on my phone... I don't get why this is happening.

I had to uninstall google voice on the phone and disable it on the voice website to make it stop.

Default Re: Note 2 & Google Voice Not Working - Need setup help

I believe what you did wrong was when you initially set up Google voice on your phone you used the sprint google voice integration instead of skipping over that.

Follow the steps in the link

when you put google voice back on you phone skip over the first step when it asks you if you want to use sprint integration.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock till root is stable

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
    I've used google voice on VZW prior without issues. Now, with my # ported over to sprint on my new Note it looks like my text messages are being sent OUT from my Google Voice #, not my actual physical cell #. How can I fix this? Is there a setting on the google voice admin page or is the setting to change on my phone... I don't get why this is happening.

I had to uninstall google voice on the phone and disable it on the voice website to make it stop.
    You may have done a tad to much completely removing your account. All you had to do, if you haven't already was log into google voice, click the settings gear, click settings, then click the calls tab. There you should see: Caller ID (outgoing)
    When I text a Google Voice number from one of my forwarding phones:
    Don't change anything
    Display my Google Voice number
    Note: this setting currently only applies to text messages; calls will be included soon.
    Click the radio button for Don't change anything. It should show your actual cell phone number instead of your google voice number when sending texts.

When clicking on the Settings tab, the Making Calls option is not shown as with my friend's Galaxy S3. Is this an Sprint/Note II exclusive bug?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jamal2323 View Post
    I believe what you did wrong was when you initially set up Google voice on your phone you used the sprint google voice integration instead of skipping over that.
    Yep, that was it.