hotspot w foxfi

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
has anyone tried the functionality of Hotspot w/ FoxFi without rooting?

Does it maintain a connection?

Is it usable?

Thinking of upgrading my Evo 4g this Note 2.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried it with my note almost immediately and it will not work with Sprint. If you are on a different carrier it may. I wish it would. It is a great app. Jellybean is stopping it.

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
yeah it gives you the same message the stock hotspot does when you try and turn it on. It does work on my pals Evo 4g LTE though.

You should consider rooting if the hotspot is an important feature to you.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
How easy is it to unroot if I want to get updates? The Evo LTE unroot process left me with a bad taste in my mouth and feeling very uncomfortable at the thought of rooting again. Is Samsung easier to work with?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried using bluetooth option. That's what I used on my evo since sprint blocked it on that one also. If anyone got that to work let me know. I'm going to try it tonight on my MacBook.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

fabs109#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth works great on my note 2 but they recently updated and made it not unlimited so you have to disconnect and reconnect after using it for a while but it does work great

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
How easy is it to unroot if I want to get updates?

Not hard at all, but also not necessary. You might have to wait a couple of days, but a developer will usually repackage the update into a flashable file that you would then flash via a custom recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth works great on my note 2 but they recently updated and made it not unlimited so you have to disconnect and reconnect after using it for a while but it does work great

That's good to know. What computer did you see it up with? Can't wait to try it.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried bluetooth dun on my note 2 and my Mac and it connected for about 3 seconds. Then something disconnected it. I'm sure it's the stock app from sprint that's blocking it. Only real way to get tethering is for root. Don't know when I'm going to do it.

fabs109#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
That's good to know. What computer did you see it up with? Can't wait to try it.

It works on my hp and my dell both windows 7 via bluetooth without a problem make sure you follow the directions on how to do it and it will work fine

MikeCallery

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm stumped on this because I an rooted and I am running JellyBomb Domination. I through by rooting it and running a custom ROM that I'd be able to get WiFi teathering to work on my new MacBook Pro and not have to pay Sprint $20/month but so far I have had zero luck.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just tried open garden and it worked like a charm. Although it's bluetooth the speeds are pretty good if your on a good tower from sprint. With 4g lte this is going to be great. For those that can't use foxfi, which is everyone on jellybean this works great without rooting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar