Google Now and S-Voice with Bluetooth

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else is having issues with Google Now and a bluetooth headset? I have a Samsung HM1700 and when I press the talk button on it, it initiates S-Voice. Not sure if I can change that, but aside from that, when I go specifically into Google Now via the app button, the widget, or long menu press, I get an "Initializing" for about 10 or 15 seconds until it finally says "Can't reach Google at the moment Retry" When I hit retry, it refeshes for a half second saying "Recognizing" then back to the Retry screen. Then if I hit retry a second time it goes back to the Initializing card. If I turn my BT headset off, it seems to work ok, just not with the BT headset. Are there some BT headsets that do work properly? S-Voice seems to work fine with the headset, although it seems you need to still speak into the phone's microphone rather than just the BT headset's in order to have it recognize your voice...

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else is having issues with Google Now and a bluetooth headset? I have a Samsung HM1700 and when I press the talk button on it, it initiates S-Voice. Not sure if I can change that, but aside from that, when I go specifically into Google Now via the app button, the widget, or long menu press, I get an "Initializing" for about 10 or 15 seconds until it finally says "Can't reach Google at the moment Retry" When I hit retry, it refeshes for a half second saying "Recognizing" then back to the Retry screen. Then if I hit retry a second time it goes back to the Initializing card. If I turn my BT headset off, it seems to work ok, just not with the BT headset. Are there some BT headsets that do work properly? S-Voice seems to work fine with the headset, although it seems you need to still speak into the phone's microphone rather than just the BT headset's in order to have it recognize your voice...

Only way I have found is too disable s-voice which brings up another google voice app but its not google now. Not sure how to get google now.

eribac

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Have you found any work arounds yet? I just purchased a bluetooth speaker for my car, and am experiencing the same issue?

Would rooting and removing s-voice fix this issue? (I am assuming you need to be rooted to permanently remove s-voice)

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this same issue, and I have found SVoice to be atrocious at understanding what I say, or just plain being stupid.

Frequently, commands like when I say "Send a text message to lauren are you ready yet question mark"

What I will usually get first, is a choice between Lauren, my GF and some other name that's not even close, then it will send the message as "Are you ready yet question mark?" and it refuses to send it to her mobile number, even when I have it set as the default and have tried saying "mobile" after her name and SVoice *says* that it's going to send it to her mobile, it still tries to send it to her home number. It has frankly just plain pissed me off and I'd uninstall the stupid app if I could.

Has anybody got any suggestions? I haven't even found a way to disable it. I guess I could just freeze the app itself in Titanium, but I was really hoping there would be an option to change to something else. I've already overridden the double home key press with Home2Launcher, but SVoice still comes up when I hit the voice command key on my car stereo.

Thanks, guys. I love everything about this phone *except* SVoice, which just makes it that much worse :)

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
OK. Just a quick follow up. The instruction *do* work, but with one caveat: the issue with Google's Voice Search stuck in "initializing" is still present :(

So, it now launches the Google Voice Search when I hit the bluetooth command button the stereo, and Voice Search comes up, but it just says "initializing" forever, unless I close and relaunch it 4-5 times, which pretty much defeats the purpose. I guess now I've got a different issue to research....

spudro61

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem ,but after playing with all the settings i found a solution. On any device running jelly bean the lock screen causes issues with the bluetooth device.
If you change your lock screen settings to none,your bluetooth device will work properly.Hopefully google will fix this issue with the next update

spudro61

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Also found a work around for google now not responding with bluetooth connection.go to settings>sounds>then enable touch sounds.Hope this helps

hm7292

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm only responding to this and resurrecting the thread because it was one of the top results of my search....

I had the same issue, and fixed both GoogleNow and VTT (via my keyboard button) by going into GoogleNow Settings, selecting "Voice" and unchecking "Bluetooth Headset".

I think this means the phone will pick up my voice, rather than my vehicle's microphone.

That's it. I'm amazed how well GN works now.

For my Swype keyboard, when I click the mic button, I do have to click "Done" before it starts recording (now *that* is intuitive) and then I can record perfectly, and click Done gain to finish recording.

I hope this helps some of ya'll out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22