Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tkbredx
  • 1 Post By Stephanie Kenway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Find My Mobile" for galaxy note 2?

Hey guys, I just found out about an awesome perk with the samsung account but I can't seem to find it on my galaxy note 2. It is the "find my mobile" service that samsung offers. I was looking for the "remote controls" in my setting but can't find it anywhere. I was just wondering if it is possible to do with the galaxy note 2?

Default Re: "Find My Mobile" for galaxy note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGhost View Post
    Hey guys, I just found out about an awesome perk with the samsung account but I can't seem to find it on my galaxy note 2. It is the "find my mobile" service that samsung offers. I was looking for the "remote controls" in my setting but can't find it anywhere. I was just wondering if it is possible to do with the galaxy note 2?
    Haven't seen this option myself, but Seek Droid offers an inexpensive solution. I used it once and it worked well.

Sent via Tapatalk.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was really excited to try out the awesome feature :/...oh well can't always get what you want! lo

Try this link. I think this is what you want.
    Mary and Pat

Both happy Samsung Note II users

I just added the Samsung account to my phone but it does not give me the option of mobile tracker. I guess they did not think it was important enough to add.
    Mary and Pat

Both happy Samsung Note II users
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

aww that's sad to hear...That's the only reason I wanted it lol...Oh well, I guess I will be sticking with the "Where's My Droid?" app.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Samsung has it over seas but our American companies have chosen to not give it to us for free and make us pay for their own service's version of find my mobile.

Android Lost is way better.

It can take pics, record, give call log, text log, find your phone, make it siren, many more. Go download that people
    Thanked by:
    mushydoll likes this.

i dont know what you guys are talking about. i went to settings and security, and under find my mobile it says find my mobile webpage and i regestered it there. it works..
    Samsmalls likes this.

So Steph.....you have a Sprint phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Kenway View Post
    i dont know what you guys are talking about. i went to settings and security, and under find my mobile it says find my mobile webpage and i regestered it there. it works..

Quote Originally Posted by ceek View Post
    So Steph.....you have a Sprint phone?
    I think I see the point you want to make. This is the sprint forum for note 2. I am on sprint and I don't have that feature,,, guessing no sprint phone does. For someone to say "I don't know what you are talking about, I have it" and they are on a different network other than sprint is funny.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:

I have Sprint and this option has always been available under security settings. I never bothered to register because I thought it used "location settings" to find the device, & I never have those enabled. I noticed a couple things continuously running under apps, also device administrator that cannot be disabled...

I wonder how accurate this is, and if it needs "location" enabled? I need to look into this, don't believe my insurance covers this.

@Stephanie can you elaborate on this service?

Ok , I stand corrected. Thats strange. How can it be on some sprint notes and not others? Very odd.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

It isn't on my note on Sprint... :/ anyone else on Sprint that has it, care to share a screen shot?

My security settings: (stock ma7 rooted)

Location settings:

I don't see it...
    ~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

It depends on what location apps you have on the phone. I have both TEP and lookout on mine and If you look in admin section of security you will notice something more.

"Find My Mobile" for galaxy note 2?-uploadfromtaptalk1363014970667.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    3348b76f

hi there, i m new here. but still. make an account in samsung dive. adjust the settings that u want.
    then log in with that account in note2, or simply add a samsung account in phone. then keep the internet on and keep ur phone on a side. go to samsung dive. log in and click on find my mobile. it will show the exact location of ur phone on google maps....let me know if u did it. hope this helped.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by metal9063 View Post
    hi there, i m new here. but still. make an account in samsung dive. adjust the settings that u want.
    then log in with that account in note2, or simply add a samsung account in phone. then keep the internet on and keep ur phone on a side. go to samsung dive. log in and click on find my mobile. it will show the exact location of ur phone on google maps....let me know if u did it. hope this helped.
    Will Location settings on the phone be need to be active in order to locate the device on Google Maps?

Lightbulb Re: "Find My Mobile" for galaxy note 2?

Well yes, location would need to be actively on in order to locate your device.
    Thanked by:

lost my phone