Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raymond Tan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Home Button not working - Any Ideas?

Installed an Invisible Shield and now the Home Button is not working. I guess some liquid got into the Home button while appying the screen protector. I tried blowing out any remaining moisture and I did get the button to work intermittently but now won't work again. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix the Home Button?

I guess I will not use a wet application screen protector in the future. Although from today's posted video showing the Galaxy Note 2 stress testing from Samsung, I would have thought that the Home button would have withstood the little amount of water used during the screen protector installation.

Default Re: Home Button not working - Any Ideas?

Try placing the phone in a bowl of rice. The rice is used to absorb the moisture out of the phone.
    Mweuch likes this.
    Luvzmobile

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

That's very unfortunate K. personally I learned my lesson a few years back when I fried a IPod Touch doing the same exact thing! My advice now to everyone is go dry!
    LG G3
    Moto 360
    Nexus 10

This doesn't help you, but these screen protectors aren't really needed these days. Get a nice case, and the gorilla glass will take care of the rest.

Sent via Tapatalk.
    Phone: Nexus 5 | ROM: Pure White LRX21M | Kernel: L
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn

I sent m my zagg back because of this. Ordered different brand and it wants me to use water also. I hate that. The one from sprint doesn't use water or the spigen brand think also plus they have an oleophobic version too. Probably getting that one.
    As for gorilla glass taking care of it, to a certain degree yes, but sooner or later it will get scratched. Only a matter of time. It's not guaranteed.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2