Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By brentj
  • 1 Post By got berry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ignore Calls

On my HTC EVO3d I was able to select to send calls directly to voicemail. I am not finding this option on the Note 2. Am I missing the option somewhere?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Ignore Calls

if you ignore the call it will go right to VM I believe...

If you're talking in the contact itself I haven't found this option to be available on the note 2. I think that was an htc thing.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Here are three options for rejecting calls and sending them directly to voicemail, not sure if any of these is what you are looking for:

1. On the fly, when a phone call comes in, swipe from the red circle phone icon (shown in partial screenshot below) outwards to send that call directly to voicemail;

2. Set up the "Reject call with message" feature (shown in partial screenshot above) and swipe up from the bottom of the screen to use that. To set that up, open the phone app, touch the menu key, select "Call Settings," select "Set reject messages," and create as many as you like. I just have one, "I can't talk now, I'll call you later." If you swipe up and send that, the caller is sent directly to voicemail, and the message is sent to the caller.

3. To store selected phone numbers as ones to be automatically rejected, open the phone app, touch the menu key, select "Call Settings," select "Call rejection," turn the switch to "ON," select "Auto reject list," and create a new entry with the phone number you want to be automatically rejected (gets sent to voicemail). Useful for spam callers or for angry ex-girlfriends, etc.
    Thanked by 2:
    almath likes this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    On my HTC EVO3d I was able to select to send calls directly to voicemail. I am not finding this option on the Note 2. Am I missing the option somewhere?
    You could also activate Blocking Mode (settings/blocking mode). When activated you can block incoming calls for a period of time such as between 8:00am - 10am while in a meeting. Calls will be sent to voice mail during this period. You can also set it up to allow only certain numbers to get through, but all others will be sent to voice mail. If you don't want the call, but still want to be notified that an incoming call is there, you have that option as well. The possibilities seem endless. Brought to you by Touchwiz

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ignore Calls-uploadfromtaptalk1354206114431.jpg   Ignore Calls-uploadfromtaptalk1354206127424.jpg  

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    I know, it was a setting in contacts, you could block a particular contact's call. Is that what you mean? Because I miss that too. There's something similar here but the feature I miss was a feature of Sense.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    I know, it was a setting in contacts, you could block a particular contact's call. Is that what you mean? Because I miss that too. There's something similar here but the feature I miss was a feature of Sense.
    Open up the contact, hit menu, add call to reject list

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Open up the contact, hit menu, add call to reject list

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Ah now I see one of the options, but I know what the other user was referring to, and I am no longer seeing it. It was on my GS3 but I don't see it on my Note 2.

When I call came in, you could, from the call log screen, either long-hold the contact (I forget) or hit the menu button and say reject call. It would then give you the option to reject the call and it would be entered into your contacts with a ZZ prefix. Then if you took it out the calls would come back in.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I was able to find the option in settings. Its not as easy as it was on my EVO 3d but it works the same. Thanks for your help.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Since the update I now have the option to add a number to the reject list by hitting menu. Also when in a contact I can add the entire contact to the reject list by hitting menu.
    werkx likes this.