Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Broken Screen

Its all in the way in lands. Ive dropped my phone from 4 feet before and not a single problem. If it falls and lands 100% face down flat, the screen will explode Its just the way the forces flow through and then back into themselves, think water ripples.

Default Re: Broken Screen

Geez reading this post is frustrating. I've dropped my GN2 numerous times and the most I've done is shipped the silver lining on the edge *knock on wood*. But then people complaining about the deductible...really? You pay your car insurance every month...you wreck your car, you pay a deductible. While the price is never very pretty, it has to be paid before anything is done. It sucks you broke your phone, but I doubt Sprint and Samsung will do anything for you...they are money hungry companies (like every other company out there) and they just want their money.
    Thanked by:

Thumbs down Re: Broken Screen

I so feel your pain. I JUST bought the Note II at Verizon 48 hours ago. I did not buy a case because they had NONE IN STOCK so I ordered one online... it's due Monday. I was sitting on the floor and the phone slipped out of my pocket. Yep... shattered glass. Please, I do not feel "entitled" but a phone should be able to slip out of your pocket and hit the floor. My Bionic fell out of my car and hit concrete numerous times and survived easily. Everything still works but the broken screen is ugly and sharp to the fingers. Verizon couldn't care less. The two week "carefree bring the phone back" is void because of damage and samsung will repair it for a small fortune. Luckily for me, I do have insurance. However, $100 to replace my new, 48 hour old phone with one I'm sure is refurbished is not making me happy at all. Be serious, are these things that fragile? I wish I'd never bought this phone. How can you protect any phone that much? I accept that I dropped it but everyone who saw this was absolutely shocked. I'm sure it just hit in the wrong place but now I'm going to be really paranoid to use the new one. How sad. No kudos to Samsung for this one. Oh, and blaming the large screen is odd since my Galaxy Tab is bigger and much sturdier.... just can't explain it as a size issue.

~ K ~
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12