Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Battery Drains While Screen Is Off

I think i have a bad app or something because my battery drains really fast even when the phones screen is off. It didn't have this problem when i first got the phone. It started after i downloaded all my apps again. Maybe i turned on a battery draining setting. Any ideas? Is there an app in the market place that would help me find the run away app? Im not rooted. I tried advance task killer but it didn't solve the problem.

Default Re: My Battery Drains While Screen Is Off

Tomorrow when your battery is drained down, try looking in settings-battery and see if there is an app or any odd setting with a higher than normal percentage. If its something "normal" you can click it and get a better idea what its doing. I would start there. If that doesn't prove useful, maybe run Juice defender for a day or two, see if it picks up any heavy usage apps. If that's a no go, you may have to resort to a factory reset and download apps a couple at a time, day in between, to narrow down whats causing the issue.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Re: My Battery Drains While Screen Is Off

You can try Gsam battery in the Play Store to see if it gives you more info. There is a free version and a paid version.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums