Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default S-pen AirView preview: works in Mail app but not Gmail or Messaging

If I hover over an email with the s-pen in the stock Email app, I get a pop-up bubble preview of its contents. This is great, but when doing the same thing in Gmail or my Messaging app, hovering with the s-pen does nothing. Is this a bug or is my phone jacked up?

Default Re: S-pen AirView preview: works in Mail app but not Gmail or Messaging

Same here. Your phone is not jacked up.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

This only works in the Stock Messaging app and the email app, because they are developed by Samsung to work with the S-Pen. The GMail app or any other messaging will not work with the S-Pen unless the the developers decide to make their corresponding apps compatible with the S-Pen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I discovered that even in the stock email app, AirView preview only seems to work as advertised if the email app setting for the # of lines of lines of msg preview is set to 'ONE". If I change it to none or more than one, AirView preview gets buggy or doesn't work at all. I'm still trying to figure out what AirView is supposed to do in the stock messaging app list view. Some messages in the list will preview when i hover while others won't.