Ear speaker static - defect or normal?

Nerdee

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I'm having a strange issue with my GSII: Whenever I talk to anyone on my phone there's a VERY faint static noise in the background that turns on when the caller speaks. At first I thought it was just background noise of where the caller was located, but it's the same noise on every call I get from anyone.

Strangely, the static sound only turns on when a caller speaks, and you can actually here it turn off about 1/2 a second after they stop speaking - similar to a speaker phone. My guess is that I'm hearing some kind of amplifier distortion that switches on when it senses voice/sound. Now that I'm tuned into hearing it it bugs the heck out of me! I compared the voice quality to my wife's S3 and she doesn't have this issue at all.

Does anyone notice the above on their Note II when listening to someone talk? Perhaps I'm just super sensitive to hearing noses and buzzes. My last phone had crystal clear voice quality.

Thanks!

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I would go into the phone settings and see what you have checked. I haven't noticed any static or distortion on my calls. You could also go to sprint and ask if you could make a call on one of their phones and see if you hear the same thing. It may be your phone and then you would have someone else there to experience it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Nerdee, did you ever get this issue resolved. I just recently started having this same issue. I noticed that the netflix app was causing volume issues with my phone so I deleted it, and I unchecked the extra volume on call button in settings. Dont know which one worked, but something did because it went away. I knew it wasnt a hardware issue, because when I made calls from skype the issue didnt exist, but as soon as I switched to the dialer, the issue returned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad