Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By maryinredding
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MyFord Synch actually read me a text message today

I know it might not sound like a big thing but I was very surprised and delighted today when a text message came in and I could actually hear it through my car's synch system. I have had the car for over a year and never was able to utilize it with my Google Nexus 4G. I am liking this phone more and more each day.
    Mary and Pat

Both happy Samsung Note II users
    hopefulfarm and MBM7881 like this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: MyFord Synch actually read me a text message today

Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I know it might not sound like a big thing but I was very surprised and delighted today when a text message came in and I could actually hear it through my car's synch system. I have had the car for over a year and never was able to utilize it with my Google Nexus 4G. I am liking this phone more and more each day.
    I had an EVO 4G which didn't do SMS over BT with MyFordTouch but the GNII does but I haven't received a text message yet. It did load up my last two text messages from my phone and I could press the one button and it read the text aloud -- too cool. I even noticed the PAN (Personal Area Network) button was lit on the console and it looks like the GNII supports "Bluetooth Tethering" so we'll see what that can do.

I haven't had that happen yet with my GN2 over my Rams UConnect. I did have it happen with my WP7 Arrive after I installed an app called Ziggy. It's a program that gives the phonew many of the Siri type options. I was wondering if the Samsung S Voice had options like that. I guess I really haven't gotten any messages while driving yet to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    My Sync doesnt work or says unsupported when I try to use my Fusion to read me my texts. Did you do anything funky to get it to work?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

What year is your Fusion? My Focus is a 2012 and it works great. I went into Settings-Accessibility and then down to Text-to-speech output and ticked google Text-to-speech english. In the car I went to phone, text messaging and I think I had to choose something there like text to speech I think and it just worked. I am so pleased that is finally working. You still have to press a little speaker icon on the screen when a text comes in but then the car reads it to you. Pretty cool I think.
    Mary and Pat

Both happy Samsung Note II users