Note II won't stay connected to wifi

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Note for a few weeks now and coming from a Evolte, a great phone too, but I wanted a bigger screen and the Note definitely has that. I am here in Florida for the winter and for the first time since we have been coming here I've always used my neighbor's weak signal and wanted to have a more stable connection so I got internet service for the time while we are here.
Now I have a really strong wifi signal and have no trouble with my laptop, tablet, the EVOLTE and the wii but when I got the Note it connected just fine the first time but it drops the connection and when I try to reconnect it says "wrong password" or "authentication failed" and when this happens I have to reset my modem everytime. When I do this it connects and all is good until it drops it and if I do leave and go out and when I return I have to reset it again.
I even returned the phone and exchanged it thinking it was the phone but I don't believe that is the case. The service provider keeps saying it's the phone because once it connects to a wifi and saves it it should reconnect when ever you get in range. I don't know who to believe or what to do but I thought I might as well get a few more opinions and maybe I can find a resolution or answer to why it keeps doing this.
Anyone have any answers?:mad:

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
it's the phone. I have the same issue. I thought it was my internet but noticed that my laptop and ps3 would stay connected. my wife recently changed from an iphone 5 to a Note 2 so now I'm certain it's phone since both our Notes exhibit this behavior. From my understanding, it isn't an hardware issue but software. It's either something in jellybean or the Sprint Optimizer (even though I turned it off).

It's not a deal breaker because I can do so much with the phone, but it is a hassle to unplug my modem every other day.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Note II stays connected to my home wifi from the time I get home until the time I leave with no action on my part at all.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
System settings, more settings, mobile networks, connections optimizer and UNCHECK THE BOX

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

gatordon26

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same issue with my GNII also. It just seems like if the Wi-Fi signal is weak it's hard for the phone to stay connected to it. I mean hopefully they will come up with a fix for it soon.

Swyped from me & my GNII

S T Hye

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Check out the settings under Settings> wifi> menu> advanced. There are some settings there that might fix your issues.

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tap-uh-talk

Animaljr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my note 2 a couple weeks ago. At home I have never had a problem staying connected to wifi. I started vacation today and now my wifi won'tstay connected to the wifi here. I went into settings to see if I could find the Internet optimization check box, but I don't have the option. Are there any other fixes I might try?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I went into settings to see if I could find the Internet optimization check box, but I don't have the option. Are there any other fixes I might try?

Do you have a Sprint GN2? If so, you shoujld have the option. When you first get to the settings level that shows an entry for "Connections optimizer," there is no check box displayed. But tap that entry, and another page opens up that does have the check box, along with a long explanation of what it does.

I don't have any WiFi problems with my Sprint GN2, and I have the box checked for Sprint Connections Optimizer.

Stacy Rock

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with this issue??? My Note 2 is about to meet it's demise! I can't take it anymore! Driving me insane. ATT has not been helpful. I have reset me router. I have disabled the wifi finders from att. I have all the same issues. It's not just my home router, it's many routers. I even called Android help. I was told it was not an issue. Strange because for me it is an issue! Please...any help....

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with this issue??? My Note 2 is about to meet it's demise! I can't take it anymore! Driving me insane. ATT has not been helpful. I have reset me router. I have disabled the wifi finders from att. I have all the same issues. It's not just my home router, it's many routers. I even called Android help. I was told it was not an issue. Strange because for me it is an issue! Please...any help....

This may sound extreme but have you tried a factory reset? It will sometimes cute glitches such as this.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I kust started experiemcimg this issue on Saturday. A factory reset didn't work. Took it to sprint store and had to replace the phone. They were very responsive.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

BriBulack

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
For anyone with an AT&T GNII disabling the smart wifi app worked like a charm. My wifi wouldn't stay on for more than 1 minute. After I turned that app off. Im happily posting this over my wifi with no interruptions. Thanks for the post :)

Matt Simonelli

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
My note 2 will not connect to the internet from multiple different wifi. I am writing this message from my laptop that is connected to my house Wifi so I know the Wifi works. The phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet connection. When I first connect to the network I have Internet for about 1 min before I lose Internet (although it still says it is connected on the phone). I dissabled the att smart wifi app and that seemed to solve the problem for about an hour but then It was back to the same old problem ( the phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet).

ps. I have also turned off all other devices that use wifi and the phone still has the problem

Please help

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My note 2 will not connect to the internet from multiple different wifi. I am writing this message from my laptop that is connected to my house Wifi so I know the Wifi works. The phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet connection. When I first connect to the network I have Internet for about 1 min before I lose Internet (although it still says it is connected on the phone). I dissabled the att smart wifi app and that seemed to solve the problem for about an hour but then It was back to the same old problem ( the phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet).

ps. I have also turned off all other devices that use wifi and the phone still has the problem

Please help

Have you contacted Samsung via phone and talked to their technical support?

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also a couple of things to try. Dial *#0011# and a menu will come up, press the menu key, they popup menu comes up, choose "Wi-Fi", make sure the "power saying" is not selected (blue).

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361060943581.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361060943581.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361060962607.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361060962607.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361060979665.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361060979665.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 35

Trending Posts