Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Note II won't stay connected to wifi

thanks I will the problem is back again

AT&T has this Smart Wi-Fi installed on our phones and it is causing some issues for some people. Does Sprint have any of that type software preloaded on the phone too?

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

That is quite true

His phone was on ICS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Someone else said Sprint does have a "Wi-Fi Manager" like AT&T does. Many AT&T users have had to disable that because Wi-Fi won't stay connected or sometimes never sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by BriBulack View Post
    For anyone with an AT&T GNII disabling the smart wifi app worked like a charm. My wifi wouldn't stay on for more than 1 minute. After I turned that app off. Im happily posting this over my wifi with no interruptions. Thanks for the post
    This worked for me.

There is also a sleep or not sleep option setting in "Wi-Fi" then "advanced".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note II won't stay connected to wifi-uploadfromtaptalk1361314031366.jpg  

Red face Re: Note II won't stay connected to wifi

Thank you. I recently had to do a master reset per request from ATT customer service and remembered I did something like this when I got my phone. I could not remember exactly what it was but this was it. It helped my wifi problems considerably. This was regarding dialing for the menu to turn off power saving on wifi.
    Last edited by Starnote50; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: supposed to be a reply to Kelly, not a separate post

Okay here is the fix that worked for me. I have a Netgear wireless router version WPN824. I connected my laptop to one of the LAN ports on the router. Then I entered this IP address for the router: . Then I clicked wireless setting tabs on left. I then selected WPA2-PSK [AES].for the security options. Under wireless network I selected "b & g." Next I selected each of the channels and on each channel I tried to connect to the wireless network on my Note 2. When I got to channel 8 the phone connected to my wireless router instantly. It's been connected for 24 hours without dropping the connection. From my limited understanding this has something to do with how much interference there is in your local area from too many wireless routers broadcasting on the same or similar channel. I also have the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" setting set to "always." Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

(sorry meant to reply with quote)

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BriBulack View Post
    For anyone with an AT&T GNII disabling the smart wifi app worked like a charm. My wifi wouldn't stay on for more than 1 minute. After I turned that app off. Im happily posting this over my wifi with no interruptions. Thanks for the post
    How would I do this? Im have the same problem with my Note II. I have no problem connect to my AT & T wireless at home but Im having problems staying connected to wi-fi say at work?

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Also a couple of things to try. Dial *#0011# and a menu will come up, press the menu key, they popup menu comes up, choose "Wi-Fi", make sure the "power saying" is not selected (blue).
    This is the only fix I've been unable to try. When I dial #0011# I get a "connection problem or invalid mmi code" message, which tells me I probably need to root to get to this screen (I don't want to) . Any other way to turn off Wifi Power Save?

I have a problem with my home wifi when the signal is two bars (outside on patio). Every other device out there (my wife's phone, various tablets, laptop) has no problem, but the N2 will continually drop and reconnect. I've even watched it do so while using -- the signal is strong enough, even if two bars, but the connection just drops and then reconnects a few to 10-15 seconds later.

Go to settings - more settings - mobile networks, then uncheck the mobile data box. I just tried it today and it got fixed right away..

Cool Re: Note II won't stay connected to wifi

this fixed my connection fine but it resets if i turn my phone off.

May want to try in:

Settings > Display > Screen Timeout

Adjust these settings and see if you have any change. I don't have a Samsung but I do have the problem of my wifi dropping. On my android, my wifi stays longer if I set the timeout to a higher value.

Thx for the info...now it wks perfectly....ur a life saver

I am having the same problem with connection to wifi on my AT&T Galaxy Note 2. I have read through most of the posts here and it seems that everyone is having the same issues regardless of what carrier they are using. This tells me it is something with the manufacturer's base programming or maybe a conflict between it and all carriers' added updates. I have tried the *#0011# dial up fix for the wifi and saw not one sign that it helped. My phone worked fine up until a couple of days ago. I have had it since last August(2012). We ALL need a fix for this either from SAMSUNG or ATT, Sprint, Verizon, etc. I remember that when I had a Samsung Galaxy S, it also worked fine until an update hosed it. It never was fully functional after that until I did a factory reset, which wiped out everything I had on it. I will not do that again. I use the wifi on my Note 2 quite often and I can say that if this is what will happen with SAMSUNG products, then I will start looking elsewhere for my communication needs.

I have a wifi issue also and I'm not sure if it's just my phone or my router....my wifi often just drops (not disconnects to where I have to enter my password again) I notice 1 signal bar from my wifi dropping and I know my wifi isn't working during the moment then it goes back to normal. Anyone else have3 this issue?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

wifi will not stay connected to router at work but will at home it I a note2 at&t

I have tried everything from factory reseting to dialing *#0011#... And it still isnt working. Once when i inserted my sd card it didn't work then i took it out and it worked... But my sd card isnt in the phone now and it isn't working... Earlier today the wifi was working but when i got home and tried to connect it wouldn't work... So what could I do...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12