Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Note II won't stay connected to wifi

I have had my Note for a few weeks now and coming from a Evolte, a great phone too, but I wanted a bigger screen and the Note definitely has that. I am here in Florida for the winter and for the first time since we have been coming here I've always used my neighbor's weak signal and wanted to have a more stable connection so I got internet service for the time while we are here.
    Now I have a really strong wifi signal and have no trouble with my laptop, tablet, the EVOLTE and the wii but when I got the Note it connected just fine the first time but it drops the connection and when I try to reconnect it says "wrong password" or "authentication failed" and when this happens I have to reset my modem everytime. When I do this it connects and all is good until it drops it and if I do leave and go out and when I return I have to reset it again.
    I even returned the phone and exchanged it thinking it was the phone but I don't believe that is the case. The service provider keeps saying it's the phone because once it connects to a wifi and saves it it should reconnect when ever you get in range. I don't know who to believe or what to do but I thought I might as well get a few more opinions and maybe I can find a resolution or answer to why it keeps doing this.
    Anyone have any answers?

Default Re: Note II won't stay connected to wifi

it's the phone. I have the same issue. I thought it was my internet but noticed that my laptop and ps3 would stay connected. my wife recently changed from an iphone 5 to a Note 2 so now I'm certain it's phone since both our Notes exhibit this behavior. From my understanding, it isn't an hardware issue but software. It's either something in jellybean or the Sprint Optimizer (even though I turned it off).

It's not a deal breaker because I can do so much with the phone, but it is a hassle to unplug my modem every other day.

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Sorry to hear this, I haven't had any issues and I have 2 WiFi at work and 2 WiFi options at home, and no issues.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts

My Note II stays connected to my home wifi from the time I get home until the time I leave with no action on my part at all.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

System settings, more settings, mobile networks, connections optimizer and UNCHECK THE BOX

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I've been having the same issue with my GNII also. It just seems like if the Wi-Fi signal is weak it's hard for the phone to stay connected to it. I mean hopefully they will come up with a fix for it soon.

Swyped from me & my GNII
    Thanked by:
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts

I still have the connections optimizer checked too

Check out the settings under Settings> wifi> menu> advanced. There are some settings there that might fix your issues.

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tap-uh-talk

I got my note 2 a couple weeks ago. At home I have never had a problem staying connected to wifi. I started vacation today and now my wifi won'tstay connected to the wifi here. I went into settings to see if I could find the Internet optimization check box, but I don't have the option. Are there any other fixes I might try?

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Animaljr View Post
    I went into settings to see if I could find the Internet optimization check box, but I don't have the option. Are there any other fixes I might try?
    Do you have a Sprint GN2? If so, you shoujld have the option. When you first get to the settings level that shows an entry for "Connections optimizer," there is no check box displayed. But tap that entry, and another page opens up that does have the check box, along with a long explanation of what it does.

I don't have any WiFi problems with my Sprint GN2, and I have the box checked for Sprint Connections Optimizer.

I have a Galaxy Note as well and I dont have that option. This phone wont stay connected to wifi at home or work. So frustrated!

Has anyone had any success with this issue??? My Note 2 is about to meet it's demise! I can't take it anymore! Driving me insane. ATT has not been helpful. I have reset me router. I have disabled the wifi finders from att. I have all the same issues. It's not just my home router, it's many routers. I even called Android help. I was told it was not an issue. Strange because for me it is an issue! Please...any help....
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Rock View Post
    Has anyone had any success with this issue??? My Note 2 is about to meet it's demise! I can't take it anymore! Driving me insane. ATT has not been helpful. I have reset me router. I have disabled the wifi finders from att. I have all the same issues. It's not just my home router, it's many routers. I even called Android help. I was told it was not an issue. Strange because for me it is an issue! Please...any help....
    This may sound extreme but have you tried a factory reset? It will sometimes cute glitches such as this.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Try disabling the smart wifi app in system settings. That fixed my wifi problems.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I kust started experiemcimg this issue on Saturday. A factory reset didn't work. Took it to sprint store and had to replace the phone. They were very responsive.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Your wont stay connected and mine wont stop popping on

Sent from a android better than yours lol

For anyone with an AT&T GNII disabling the smart wifi app worked like a charm. My wifi wouldn't stay on for more than 1 minute. After I turned that app off. Im happily posting this over my wifi with no interruptions. Thanks for the post

My note 2 will not connect to the internet from multiple different wifi. I am writing this message from my laptop that is connected to my house Wifi so I know the Wifi works. The phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet connection. When I first connect to the network I have Internet for about 1 min before I lose Internet (although it still says it is connected on the phone). I dissabled the att smart wifi app and that seemed to solve the problem for about an hour but then It was back to the same old problem ( the phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet).

ps. I have also turned off all other devices that use wifi and the phone still has the problem

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Simonelli View Post
    My note 2 will not connect to the internet from multiple different wifi. I am writing this message from my laptop that is connected to my house Wifi so I know the Wifi works. The phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet connection. When I first connect to the network I have Internet for about 1 min before I lose Internet (although it still says it is connected on the phone). I dissabled the att smart wifi app and that seemed to solve the problem for about an hour but then It was back to the same old problem ( the phone says its connected to the network but there is no internet).

ps. I have also turned off all other devices that use wifi and the phone still has the problem

Please help
    Have you contacted Samsung via phone and talked to their technical support?

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Also a couple of things to try. Dial *#0011# and a menu will come up, press the menu key, they popup menu comes up, choose "Wi-Fi", make sure the "power saying" is not selected (blue).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note II won't stay connected to wifi-uploadfromtaptalk1361060943581.jpg   Note II won't stay connected to wifi-uploadfromtaptalk1361060962607.jpg   Note II won't stay connected to wifi-uploadfromtaptalk1361060979665.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Also a couple of things to try. Dial *#0011# and a menu will come up, press the menu key, they popup menu comes up, choose "Wi-Fi", make sure the "power saying" is not selected (blue).

This seemed to work for me for now, I will see how it lasts. Thanks! how much should this effect my battery life ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Simonelli View Post
    This seemed to work for me for now, I will see how it lasts. Thanks! how much should this effect my battery life ?
    Not sure, I rarely use Wi-Fi.

One thing you do need to do is check with Samsung, report the issue. I've heard of people here sending their phone in to Samsung for Wi-Fi and antenna issues and it comes back better than what most people have that aren't having issues.

My friend was having a similar issue with a different Galaxy Phone

He did a factory reset and it did the trick
    Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByReach View Post
    My friend was having a similar issue with a different Galaxy Phone

He did a factory reset and it did the trick
    Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    There have been some known issues with this. The S3 was doing it a lot with ICS, but JB corrected it.

This fixed. My WIFI issue.
    Thank you so much.
    I have searched high and low for a solution as I have been onto Samsung twice and Factory Reset several times with no success at all.
    I just tried your solution and it connected immediately. I can turn WIFI off and on now and connects instantly.
    Thanks for your help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast