1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Intermittently hearing myself when answering or placing a call

Occasionally, when I pick up an incoming call or place an outgoing call, I hear myself saying "hello" and don't hear anything from the other party. The other parties have told me they are able to hear me (when I subsequently redial them and finally get a good connection). I have to hang up and call the person back, and sometimes it takes a few times for me to be able to get a normal call out without hearing myself. Interestingly, I had this happen more recently on my nexus S 4g before I ditched it a few weeks ago for the Note II. Any ideas on what's causing this? It's really frustrating to answer a call and then have to hang up and redial.

Default Re: Intermittently hearing myself when answering or placing a call

are you by any chance using a bluetooth or a headset? sometimes if the volume is loud enough on the headset, the sound from the earpiece will actually go into the mic. This can also happen if you use speakerphone.

Wow, nevermind. I just looked at the date and guess if ya aint figured it out by now ya never will lol
    Last edited by jmy7213; 11-23-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Im retarded

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I think it has to do with Sprint doing something with their towers.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I have the same problem.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

Welcome to Splint. This has been happening when I place a call for years. It's typically when I'm in an area where coverage is spotty and I pick up an antiquated tower.

Quote Originally Posted by jmy7213 View Post
    are you by any chance using a bluetooth or a headset? sometimes if the volume is loud enough on the headset, the sound from the earpiece will actually go into the mic. This can also happen if you use speakerphone.

Wow, nevermind. I just looked at the date and guess if ya aint figured it out by now ya never will lol
    Boy, were YOU digging into the archives. Nicely resurrected. LOL
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm glad this got resurrected. No, it was not bluetooth related. And no, I don't buy that it was because sprint was "upgrading towers" which they tried to tell me in the sprint repair center. This seemed to happen across vastly different places I traveled to up and down the east coast. I can't remember exactly why I did this, but I decided to get rid of the Google voice integration which I had been using. That seemed to solve the problem as I haven't had the issue since. I will say that I had used Gvoice w/sprint integration for a long while before I started having the symptoms, so I'm not sure what happened to make the change, but I'm convinced that was the problem as I haven't had the issue since.

I'll add in that I experienced the issue with several different phones- Nexus S 4G, then Note II. Hope this helps others!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I'm not using Google voice and I have it. I know people who don't have a smart phone and they have it. You don't have to be in an area that is spotty and still have it.

Yah, both my wife and I have had this happen occasionally. Multiple phones too. Usually a hang up and redial fixes it but its annoying when it happens.