how could i put my samsung galaxy note 2 as a hotspot

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I use mine as a hotspot.

I am a Sprint customer and I pay $19.99 for 2gb/month. They have another option of 6gb/month for $49.99

I'm not sure about "free" options.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355276105127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355276105127.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 801

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi don't work with jelly beans on note 2! Your best bet is to root and use hot spot for free. I am fixing to root my phone when my Internet is back on.

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
I use Openfeint. it's free and pretty easy to set up. One cool thing about it is that it builds its own network depending on how many devices are in the area. So if you're out with your laptop and you have 3 friends that have the app, it will pull signal off all 3 phones instead of bogging one down.

MikeCallery

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The problem does not appear to be specific to the Note 2, whether rooted or not rooted, from what I have been reading. The problem seems to be something within Jelly Bean.

I am using Jelly Bean Domination so I am obviously routed. I have d/l and tried a variety of WiFi programs, all to no avail.

If anyone is using a Note 2 and you have found a way to provide free wi-fi out to another device by hot-spotting the Note 2, would you mind sharing the exact program name you are using and any nuances you've discovered in using it.

Thanks.

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using my gn2/foxfi/Bluetooth/pdanet right now and am sending this from my Xoom while at my son's basketball game that has no wifi.....no problems! And I'm NOT rooted...

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
I use Openfeint. it's free and pretty easy to set up. One cool thing about it is that it builds its own network depending on how many devices are in the area. So if you're out with your laptop and you have 3 friends that have the app, it will pull signal off all 3 phones instead of bogging one down.

EDIT: Originally I said Openfeint, not Open Garden. I must've had games on my mind. ha

kenmcsf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my gn2/foxfi/Bluetooth/pdanet right now and am sending this from my Xoom while at my son's basketball game that has no wifi.....no problems! And I'm NOT rooted...

Yes, that works well. However, if I understand correctly, there is a speed limitation using bluetooth that you don't have with wifi hotspot, which can run at LTE speeds.

Ken McPherson

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Rooted stock. Running WiFi Tether-TrevE Mod app for hotspot (referenced above). Works fine. Had it for a few weeks now.

Jimbo5000

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm running stock with a paid version of Foxfi. I've been using that app to provide the hotspot connectivity to my pc and another time to one of my bowling teammates on another carrier at the bowling alley. So far it's worked well, although the last couple days I've been getting some annoying PDANet message popping up when using the app.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most people root to gain access to this feature because normally thou have to pay for this option. But I will check Fox fi out

Sent from a android better than yours lol

Hoodi Jones

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mr.Ken McPherson I've downloaded the wifi hot spotting app but my phone is not rooted so the app doesn't work.
If don't mind could teach me how to root my phone. I don't even know what "rooting" means.:(
I would be so glad for helping me.

dellagregg

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
For all of you that don't know how to root. Look it up on you tube there are multiple step by step guides. They do warn you though that you could brick your phone if you mess up and it does void your warranty. It's not hard though I Jusy haven't rooted my phone yet cuz I haven't fixed my pc yet.

Sent from my gorgeous Galaxy Note II aka CJ. <3

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not aware of the details, but is using an app better than going Setting - More Settings - Tathering - Enable WiFi Sharing on my Note 2 ?

I am asking this as i knw not of the both much...

Thanks in advance.

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781