New to Forum, Note 2 Battery Life Questions

dtw206

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

Have had my Note 2 for about 2 months. My battery life has been horrible. It barely lasts a day at this point. I use it fairly frequently, but not all day.

I had the Spotify widget and the Google Reader widget on the desktop, but just removed those. Still getting very poor life.

Any helps is appreciated!

URMi9.png

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

When you say "poor," how bad are we talking, hours wise?

I typically get anywhere between 16 and 18 hours, depending on usage. Thats with bluetooth always connected to my watch, as well as regular usage.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Android Central Forums

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Yea bud, That screenshot shows a 6% loss over 3.5 hours. Not 3.5 hours remaining. It's a little early for math, but I think that puts you somewhere around 25 hours before the phone dies.. maybe 21 before the low battery warning, given that usage. That's not bad at all. I'm in a very low/no signal area at home so mines a tad bit worse than that. Still great battery life.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
At first my battery life was amazing but once I started installing programs and using the phone more and more my battery is still great. It lasts just as long as my wife's iPhone 4 or better. I can't wait to order an extra battery so I can just swap out, especially when I go on vacation.

If your having battery life problems I would run battery gsam app overnight or during day and see if anything specific is draining your battery. Also remember that the more programs that run notifications the more the 3g will be active and will drain your battery. Most weather programs run every 30 mins to an hour. I switch mine to every 4 or 6 hours and set alerts for warnings.

I got about 14 hours yesterday and that's running several apps during day like battle with friends, tweetcaster, nfl app, several times of surfing the internet and checking my eBay items. Not to mention checking my email on 2 accounts all through the day.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I read about people getting almost 2 days with normal usage and i don't believe it for a second. You can probably get that if you don't use your phone. The most I've gotten with this phone is 16 hours. I think thats pretty good considering the size of the screen and all of the things i have running. I'm happy with it

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I read about people getting almost 2 days with normal usage and i don't believe it for a second. You can probably get that if you don't use your phone. The most I've gotten with this phone is 16 hours. I think thats pretty good considering the size of the screen and all of the things i have running. I'm happy with it

Agree with you there. Even with just using my phone once in a while the most I've gotten is about 19 hours. I don't know what it does to a person when they lie about the long time their phone lasted with watching videos and doing all sorts of stuff on their phone.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
7u3ygady.jpg

Taken right now.

You can see two periods where it was attached to a charger... one was in car, other attached to pc for file transfer.

I'm a quite heavy user.
Sent from my G-Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
As I said, I'm a heavy user. But it's in a manual not all the way down setting. It's about 18%

Sent from my G-Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Most I have gotten with normal usage is about 25 hours and that is the battery getting down to 1%. I usually average about 18-19 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
As I said, I'm a heavy user. But it's in a manual not all the way down setting. It's about 18%

Sent from my G-Note 2

26% screen time doesn't seem heavy to me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356646939830.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356646939830.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 47

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
As I said, my brightness isn't high.

Sent from my G-Note 2

But the brightness doesn't matter, the "screen time" is how long the screen is on. My brightness is about 40% and thus newest shot, just done, is over 5 hours of screen time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356653463179.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356653463179.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 45

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Screen is time on and backlight. How much battery is used by it.

Sent from my G-Note 2

I know what screen is, if you look at the details, it will tell you the hours it was on. All settings the same, 1 hour of screen time gets much longer battery life than 6 hours.

My point is, 1 or 2 hours of screen time in 24 hours is not heavy use.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not counting for Pandora, navigation, or anything else that is running with the screen off?

And the screen percentage is based on "battery used by display AND backlight"

I've used android for 4 years now, I know my way around. I'm not trying to argue, but that 26% was with 5+ hours screen on. Netflix won't let screen turn off and I.know I watch about 2 hrs daily in my work truck. I keep my backlight dim which saves battery... obviously.

Sent from my G-Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not counting for Pandora, navigation, or anything else that is running with the screen off?

And the screen percentage is based on "battery used by display AND backlight"

I've used android for 4 years now, I know my way around. I'm not trying to argue, but that 26% was with 5+ hours screen on. Netflix won't let screen turn off and I.know I watch about 2 hrs daily in my work truck. I keep my backlight dim which saves battery... obviously.

Sent from my G-Note 2
Ok, unless I've missed it about 3 times now, that's the first I've heard you mention a number of hours the screen is on, which is what I said can make a huge difference.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also another issue of bad battery is if you are in an iffy LTE area, it will drain your battery fast. If that's the case with me, I turn LTE off.

nickolaschristian

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Man, I don't know what you guys are doing to your phones to drain it like that but I swear upon all that is holy that I just got through watching videos online for about 2 straight hours and just looked at my battery out of curiosity after reading this thread and it shows 19% and not charged for 1day 23hrs 1min... I was astonished when I first got the phone because after fully charging it I didn't put it on the charger for over two days. Now granted I was working a lot of hrs when I got it and didn't use it quite as much as usual but I never have to charge it in less than a full day of use. I keep my screen brightness on auto... not sure if that matters.

By the way, what is the developer of that battery widget you can place on the "desktop" that shows detailed info? Or where can I find it? I don't even know the exact name of it but saw someone else post screenshots of it in another thread about car chargers.

thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12