1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default File Path For Email "Ringtones"

I woud like to assign my old school "You've Got Mail" ringtone (chuckle if you want...but it works...lol) to my incoming emails. However, it only gives me stock options to assign for notifications. Can someone please tell me which file to drop the .mp3 in so that I can select it as my email notification? I use Astro File manager and have access to system files...I just haven't been able to trace which folder holds the email notifications. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue!

tjsongman :-)

Default Re: File Path For Email "Ringtones"

Quote Originally Posted by tjsongman View Post
    I woud like to assign my old school "You've Got Mail" ringtone (chuckle if you want...but it works...lol) to my incoming emails. However, it only gives me stock options to assign for notifications. Can someone please tell me which file to drop the .mp3 in so that I can select it as my email notification? I use Astro File manager and have access to system files...I just haven't been able to trace which folder holds the email notifications. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue!

tjsongman :-)
    I'd like to do that too. Don't know how to do it either. Can you post the audio file and if I figure it out I'll post it on here. Thanks

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

If you are using gmail, I know you can install Handcent and pull it off. Probably a number of other ways.

In gmail, settings, select the account, Sound and Vibrate, click Sound, then use Handcent when it asks what program to select to the ringtone. You can pick any .mp3 on your device.
    Retired Ambassador

Media/audio/notifications
    Media/audio/ringtones

Put those on the root of either your internal storage or external sdcard. Any mp3 or ogg files placed these folders will show up in your notifications or ringtones.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by: