From Sprint Galaxy S3 to Sprint Galaxy Note 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone will be rooted on first boot. The 2nd boot it will have a custom themed rom... I hate the stock look. LOL... I plan on learning to theme and build my own rom.

Welcome to the club! Just be aware of possible issues going to lk8 and then back to ljc. Thank goodness a fix is out already...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club! Just be aware of possible issues going to lk8 and then back to ljc. Thank goodness a fix is out already...

What issue is that? Already rooted already romed. Giving jellybomb a wirl.

A new root guide will be up this weekend.

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
What issue is that? Already rooted already romed. Giving jellybomb a wirl.

A new root guide will be up this weekend.

If you go to LK8 the Chameleon program updates data in a partition called carrier. Works as usual if you stay on LK8 but isn't backwards compatible with LJC's Chameleon package. Will cause FCs and Hands Free Activation to trigger every boot.

If this happens the solution is to fix so Chameleon and carrier partition are same version. I'll put the notes from XDA into a new post here today as time allows.

As for rooting... have LJC one clicks available for it. LK8 leak versions hopefully no later than tomorrow. CFAutoRoot and my E4GT zip also still good. Just depends which flavor folks want...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
If you go to LK8 the Chameleon program updates data in a partition called carrier. Works as usual if you stay on LK8 but isn't backwards compatible with LJC's Chameleon package. Will cause FCs and Hands Free Activation to trigger every boot.

If this happens the solution is to fix so Chameleon and carrier partition are same version. I'll put the notes from XDA into a new post here today as time allows.

As for rooting... have LJC one clicks available for it. LK8 leak versions hopefully no later than tomorrow. CFAutoRoot and my E4GT zip also still good. Just depends which flavor folks want...

I don't particularly like the one click root as they normally include a rooted image tar. The files are huge and are version specific. CFAutoroot is good for those who want root but don't want custom recovery. Yes I know that you can install custom recovery of you want. I prefer flashing recovery in odin and superuser in recovery because it will root any version and the files are much smaller than the rooted tar image's.

Last edited:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi this is my first post in this forum and am strongly considering the getting myself the Note 2 to play with. This is a question for the folks who have had both the GS3 and the Note 2. How do the two compare in regards to signal, battery life, photos taken, screen quality and just plain enjoyment of the device?

Signal is excellent, battery life is awesome (been getting over 5hrs of screen time with this beast!!) Photos are good Imo, display quality is really good, looks better then the s3 by far. Colors are alot better. Enjoyment on scale of 1:10 ? 10000000000! Best phone you'll own. I had the s3, one x, one x+, and in overall happiness with the device the note 2 is definitely in 1st place. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just used my upgrade on the gs3 and for what it's worth, sprint has discontinued the upgrade now program for the time being and has no date on when or if it will be reinstated. Yes, I have thought about waiting for the gs3 it's hard to ignore the spec's. I just don't know if I can wait, considering there is nothing but speculation on release dates.

Hi there and Congrats on moving up from the Samsung galaxy S3 to the Samsung galaxy note 2, I remember you helping me when I had the S3. Please let me know when you get any manual updates to 4.2.1.:) jelly bean

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi there and Congrats on moving up from the Samsung galaxy S3 to the Samsung galaxy note 2, I remember you helping me when I had the S3. Please let me know when you get any manual updates to 4.2.1.:) jelly bean

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Will do... :D

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Signal is excellent, battery life is awesome (been getting over 5hrs of screen time with this beast!!) Photos are good Imo, display quality is really good, looks better then the s3 by far. Colors are alot better. Enjoyment on scale of 1:10 ? 10000000000! Best phone you'll own. I had the s3, one x, one x+, and in overall happiness with the device the note 2 is definitely in 1st place. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Everything you said is very true. Only thing that I myself find a a negative on the phone is the material it's made of. I wish it was a little stronger. But it's nothing a good case can take care of. I just like carrying my phone without a case once in a while and with this phone only way I would even try doing that is with a flip cover.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2