Glass replacment

Patrick0294

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my gn2 on the corner from about 2 inches and somehow it broke! It's just cracked in the corner and i can live with it but I see that the glass lenses are $20 so I think I'll give it a shot, but somewhere I read that the glass is glued to the lcd so it requires the whole $200 purchase of a lcd, and digitizer and glass. Is this true? Also is there a place to get the OEM gorilla glass or will it all be lower quality glass?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my gn2 on the corner from about 2 inches and somehow it broke! It's just cracked in the corner and i can live with it but I see that the glass lenses are $20 so I think I'll give it a shot, but somewhere I read that the glass is glued to the lcd so it requires the whole $200 purchase of a lcd, and digitizer and glass. Is this true? Also is there a place to get the OEM gorilla glass or will it all be lower quality glass?

Sprint replaced the glass on my epic for $30. I was told as long as it was under 2 inches they would do it.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Haven't experienced it on my note yet, but you can find oem digitizers on eBay usually... just make sure you find that oem on it.

However, I did buy a new screen for my old photon and the seller said oem, I bought it, got it, didn't say Motorola on it, returned it due to different item.

There is a good phone glass seller in Chicago on eBay iirc...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Patrick0294

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Haven't experienced it on my note yet, but you can find oem digitizers on eBay usually... just make sure you find that oem on it.

However, I did buy a new screen for my old photon and the seller said oem, I bought it, got it, didn't say Motorola on it, returned it due to different item.

There is a good phone glass seller in Chicago on eBay iirc...

my main question is whether it is possible to just replace the glass because many people claim its fused to the amoled display. I have also heard of people damaging the screen replacing the glass. I how likely is it to happen? I this will be my first time doing this.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's possible, just watched a video of a guy on YouTube that did it.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint no longer replaces the screens. They make you file an insurance claim now. The epic was one of the last phones they did it for.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2