Please help me with this ECHO I'm starting to go crazy..

bobbyblaze

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So for the last couple of days people have been saying that my phone is echoing.. I initially just brushed it off thinking its their phone..
After the 4th and 5th person said something about the echo, I decided to investigate.

So I took my home phone called myself, sure enough echo... Ok.. so I google seach and find that my Otterbox Defender could be the culprit , from a old Galaxy S2 thread.
I take the Otterbox off my phone and INSTANTLY the echo is gone..

I paid $59 dollars for this d*mn case and I would like my $700 phone to be protected..

Is there any fix for this? I've been searching for a while..

Thanks everyone..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If it's the case I'd say you need to get a new one. Unless there is some way to modify / cut up your old case someway to make that echo stop.

I'd speak with other box support about the issue.. Since its their case causing it and not the phone.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Otter box has an awesome warranty on their products... talk to them.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

unarmednate

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain. Same case same phone same problems. I have had my phone replaced and have had the case replaced and neither on has helped at all. Did some looking and found a suggestion to take the cover off then put a small piece of tape over the top mic. Did this but have not made a call yet will try in the next hour or so and post results

unarmednate

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well tried it with the tape an no such luck. I love the phone and the case but if I cant use a nice cover with a belt clip the phone will be gong back. I refuse to put out 800+ for something that will not work to its full potential.

w wood

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
We have 2 Note 2s both of which have the Otterbox Defender case. I peeled the clear screen protector off my case immediately because I can't stand it. My phone never echos.
My wife wanted to keep her screen protector on so she used the case as is. She received many complaints from callers saying they heard echos and other distracting sounds during calls. Strangely this did not happen with every call but most calls were affected. Finally I peeled the clear plastic screen protector off her Otterbox and the echo and other distracting sounds disappeared immediately. Problem cured.

Mary Beth Farmer

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
my note 2 with otterbox is doing the same thing. if i remove the protective screen, does that void the warranty on my otterbox? has anyone else had the echo problem corrected by removing the protective screen?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My husband has a Verizon note 2 with otterbox defender and hasn't echoed once... He kept the protector on for about three weeks and there was no issue with sound quality. Ultimately though, the screen was a nuisance.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

P9000

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got a trident case to put on my new LG G2 and proved that it totally causes a major echo to the people calling me. Bummer cause it is otherwise a nice case.

nan_c_l

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this is still a problem after threads on this going back a number of years. I also just purchased an LG G2 with Otterbox defender case, peeled the crappy plastic cover off and still an echo on the other end. Took the rubber cover off and that seemed to solve the problem, but that is the protection! Best to check with the manufacturer.

FYI, ATT said that an echo on the other end is sometimes caused by a bad sim card, but not the case in my situation as I would remove the cover in the middle of the conversation and the echo would disappear on the other end.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes