Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By yankeesusa
  • 1 Post By zmann
  • 1 Post By yankeesusa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    I need help forum..... I'm in the market for buying a back up battery for my Note 2 but I don't know what brand I should buy or should I just buy another OEM battery from Samsung. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinion on this matter.
    Thanks to all.
  2. #2  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,593 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    Really up to you... want to use the stock back cover? How long does your stock last? I've never had a problem running through a day on one charge, unless I neglected to plug it in the night before...

    Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    Like someone said I don't really need an extra battery but when I go out of town it helps to have one to swap. I'm ordering this one on amazon:

    Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.-uploadfromtaptalk1360453905268.jpg

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    DIPNINANOUT likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    This was a steal for the money. Came with charger. Could not pass up. I also bought a stock battery, same one. Now i have 5 batteries. I was right in the bullseye of that winter storm and have been without power for 24 hours now. Been watching movies and surfing the net and just plain have fun with my note 2. Still have 3 fully charged battery's left. It was worth the money. The Samsung stock battery I found on amazon for 15 dollars but took 3 weeks to get here,, ordered from China. 4 spare batteries for 40 dollars.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.-uploadfromtaptalk1360454249242.jpg  
    love my evo.
    DIPNINANOUT likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    This was a steal for the money. Came with charger. Could not pass up. I also bought a stock battery, same one. Now i have 5 batteries. I was right in the bullseye of that winter storm and have been without power for 24 hours now. Been watching movies and surfing the net and just plain have fun with my note 2. Still have 3 fully charged battery's left. It was worth the money. The Samsung stock battery I found on amazon for 15 dollars but took 3 weeks to get here,, ordered from China. 4 spare batteries for 40 dollars.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Be safe. That storm looks crazy

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    Be safe. That storm looks crazy

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Thanks,, get use to stuff like that around here. Just have to be ready for anything that's all. I was 9 years old during the great blizzard of 78 . nothing will ever compare to that but this was the closest. I love it. Lol. . It's good to know I have enough battery power for almost a week if necessary. Bought all them batteries mainly for when I go camping up in the mountains. Usually gone for 3 days so now I am assured of always having power.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  7. #7  
    brentj's Avatar

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    I bought three of the Anker batteries from Amazon in mid November of 2012, and I've been using those exclusively since then. When I bought them, they were $8.99 each. They work great and the phone displays the battery percentage remaining just like with the OEM battery (some generic batteries I've bought for a digital camera do not give an accurate readout of power remaining). I think the Anker lasts at least as long as the original Samsung battery. The Anker comes nicely packaged with instructions, suggesting a bit higher quality standard than most generic batteries I've purchased in the past for other devices. The instructions state that they should not be stored fully charged, something I was not aware of, so I charged the extras to around 90% before storing them. When I used one for the first time two months later, it was still at that charge level, which I guess is to be expected.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    Quote Originally Posted by brentj View Post
    I bought three of the Anker batteries from Amazon in mid November of 2012, and I've been using those exclusively since then. When I bought them, they were $8.99 each. They work great and the phone displays the battery percentage remaining just like with the OEM battery (some generic batteries I've bought for a digital camera do not give an accurate readout of power remaining). I think the Anker lasts at least as long as the original Samsung battery. The Anker comes nicely packaged with instructions, suggesting a bit higher quality standard than most generic batteries I've purchased in the past for other devices. The instructions state that they should not be stored fully charged, something I was not aware of, so I charged the extras to around 90% before storing them. When I used one for the first time two months later, it was still at that charge level, which I guess is to be expected.
    Good to know. I'll be ordering the anker battery and charger after I order my car window mount.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    There are other options:
    Extended-life batteries such as: http://www.batteries4less.com/?modul...&x=-324&y=-114
    Portable chargers such as: Universal Accessories Accessories Spare Battery Pack | Universal Accessories Accessories Spare Battery Packs
    Having extra power is such a comfort!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Best back up battery for GN2, OEM or ?.

    Anker battery was definitely a great buy. Even feels like it lasts longer than stock battery. Plus the reviews after I purchased continued to be positive. Great battery overall. I love it.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Similar Threads

  1. Best way to back up apps for a factory reset?
    By ottscay in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 12:14 PM
  2. BEST Back-up App?
    By bfguns in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 10:45 AM
  3. Best to use wifi for froyo update, or does it matter ?
    By jasonvancouver in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 06:49 PM
  4. how to best set up accounts (for calendar use)
    By mrcoyote in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 09:55 PM
  5. Back-up apps for reset?
    By vjr021 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions