LTE live in Charlotte, NC?

rstout76

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just ran to the store and went to check in with foursquare and saw 4G! Only hitting 6mbps so far. Anyone else in the Charlotte / Matthews area confirm?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Cool! Sprint is moving to the Nc area now which is good so i might just have to go back to them when my at&t contract is up and see if they have lte here in raleigh,id love to have lte w/o having to worry about data usage lol. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There are some sites that are live. You can check progress on Sensorly.

Here's my best speed test so far, over at Providence & Fairview. Otherwise it's been slower than my Tmobile Nexus 4.

uploadfromtaptalk1360543843179.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting for Sprint to turn on LTE in Greenville, SC. I love my note just wish I had 4g here. Hopefully by summer it will be here.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Bigwavedave25

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Any updates to this thread for Charlotte on T-mobile?
I'm ready to kick Verizon to the curb... I get anywhere from 5-15mbps down in Northlake (inside) where I work, but only 4-6mbps down (outside) in Madison Park where I live. Reception is terrible in our house, loose my data signal all the time...

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm ready to kick Verizon to the curb... I get anywhere from 5-15mbps down in Northlake (inside) where I work, but only 4-6mbps down (outside) in Madison Park where I live. Reception is terrible in our house, loose my data signal all the time...

I know you can get something from Sprint that will help with your signal but I can't remember what it's called at the moment. Just call and complain and see if they suggest it.
I live in Kentucky and have a 4G tower les than 2 miles from my house but it's not, or wasn't active yet when I left to come hate to Fla. which 4G is active but LTE is suppose to be active nationwide by the end of the year so by the time I get back to Kentucky it should be up and running.

Posted via Android Central App

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

Yeah buddy!! You mean to tell me you have not been reading all of my T-Mobile praise threads around the forums? Well anyway, it goes like dis.... I live in S. Charlotte...Ballantyne Commons/Rea Rd. Sprint has active 4G, but I can't receive good coverage in my apartment. More or less than 0.1Mbps INSIDE! once outside on the streets, things are ok, but really? I don't live on the Streets.

T-Mobile has a store inside of the stonecrest shopping center, across the street. So I went int last Friday, when i got off of work, looking for a solution. Ran a speedtest.net on the GN3 and the LG G2. Saw the reading over 25Mbps. I was like WTF, this can't be real. This is T-Mobile. That Saturday I pulled the trigger, and bought the GN3. Took it home and saw that I would generally average 2 LTE bars inside, but the kicker was the speeds I was getting... 11-15Mbps down/8+ Up. And anytime I go to a diff room, the bars seem to get stronger and stronger. I actually hit 25Mbps/9Mbps INSIDE! So, you know I'm with T-Mo. Put both of my Sprint lines on seasonal, and that's it!:cool:

Bigwavedave25

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah buddy!! You mean to tell me you have not been reading all of my T-Mobile praise threads around the forums? Well anyway, it goes like dis.... I live in S. Charlotte...Ballantyne Commons/Rea Rd. Sprint has active 4G, but I can't receive good coverage in my apartment. More or less than 0.1Mbps INSIDE! once outside on the streets, things are ok, but really? I don't live on the Streets.

T-Mobile has a store inside of the stonecrest shopping center, across the street. So I went int last Friday, when i got off of work, looking for a solution. Ran a speedtest.net on the GN3 and the LG G2. Saw the reading over 25Mbps. I was like WTF, this can't be real. This is T-Mobile. That Saturday I pulled the trigger, and bought the GN3. Took it home and saw that I would generally average 2 LTE bars inside, but the kicker was the speeds I was getting... 11-15Mbps down/8+ Up. And anytime I go to a diff room, the bars seem to get stronger and stronger. I actually hit 25Mbps/9Mbps INSIDE! So, you know I'm with T-Mo. Put both of my Sprint lines on seasonal, and that's it!:cool:

Awesome. Thanks so much for the info!
I have my eyes on both those phones also, with the GN3 being the front runner.
Since we moved to South End, I haven't started home Internet. Luckily I've been able to avg 35+Gb/mo and just teather from my GNex. Going to a $30 T-Mobile plan would pay for that.

Last edited:

Bigwavedave25

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I know you can get something from Sprint that will help with your signal but I can't remember what it's called at the moment. Just call and complain and see if they suggest it.
I live in Kentucky and have a 4G tower les than 2 miles from my house but it's not, or wasn't active yet when I left to come hate to Fla. which 4G is active but LTE is suppose to be active nationwide by the end of the year so by the time I get back to Kentucky it should be up and running.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, Verizon has something similar. You have to pay for the device yourself from what I understand ($100+). And even though I have data drops in our old house I still manage quite high data usage per month. So wasn't sure if I even had a claim to request something like that.

I know any new device I get has got to have better signal reception than the Galaxy Nexus. So half thinking about just upgrading and then returning the device and canceling service if things are not much better. My wife has a tired old iPhone4 and is ready for an upgrade also. Decisions decisions...

Bigwavedave25

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh geez, I didn't mean to thread jack about T-Mobile. We are considering both Sprint and Tmo and I didn't realize this was in a Sprint phone forum. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol