Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2

born2ride41

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Like I said hard to justify the premiun data on this thing when I can barely use it due to horrible speeds unless I am at home on wifi. Why must I pay an extra 10 dollars a month for this why???

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Like I said hard to justify the premiun data on this thing when I can barely use it due to horrible speeds unless I am at home on wifi. Why must I pay an extra 10 dollars a month for this why???

The $10 is a required fee for all smartphones. I hate to see people whining over speed. Sprint has the most number of MVNOs on their network compared to other carriers so speeds are generally going to be slower.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The $10 is a required fee for all smartphones. I hate to see people whining over speed. Sprint has the most number of MVNOs on their network compared to other carriers so speeds are generally going to be slower.

More than t mobile?

T mobiles signal may drop a lot but at least it's fast.

Sprint just needs to upgrade their speeds

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
More than t mobile?

T mobiles signal may drop a lot but at least it's fast.

Sprint just needs to upgrade their speeds

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Yep more than any carrier. Network Vision is rolling out to upgrade their network, but it's going to be a while to get it to every tower.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize they had that many Nigel. The only two I've heard of are virgin and boost (yep the two big ones). I'm in the dark when it comes to the reat.

Any idea why they would want so many?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize they had that many Nigel. The only two I've heard of are virgin and boost (yep the two big ones). I'm in the dark when it comes to the reat.

Any idea why they would want so many?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Money. MVNOs uses the towers in the same way that Sprint roams off Verizon so some of the profit the MVNO makes goes to Sprint. That is also why most Sprint MVNOs don't roam because then they would have to pay Verizon for the towers as well.

Edit: here is the list of MVNOs in America. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Prpolo

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm growing just as tired as you are.I followed Sprint on the Wimax adventure and got unreliable speeds and extremely spotty coverage. Now I have the Note 2 (and I understand LTE is just being rolled out) but how long am I supposed to wait for them to be 100% when they abandoned Wimax and rented out their 3g like there is no tommorow. If they can't fix this by the end of the year I'm out. T-Mobile has excellent AWS in my area and they're rolling out LTE and with the AWS speeds being as fast as I've seen from Sprint LTE and unlimited service back they are an excellent choice to consider.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm growing just as tired as you are.I followed Sprint on the Wimax adventure and got unreliable speeds and extremely spotty coverage. Now I have the Note 2 (and I understand LTE is just being rolled out) but how long am I supposed to wait for them to be 100% when they abandoned Wimax and rented out their 3g like there is no tommorow. If they can't fix this by the end of the year I'm out. T-Mobile has excellent AWS in my area and they're rolling out LTE and with the AWS speeds being as fast as I've seen from Sprint LTE and unlimited service back they are an excellent choice to consider.

I think they are supposed to have LTE rolled out fully by the end of this year.. If not fully at least like 90 percent.

They are working on it in my area and I am pleased when I get LTE. It's spotty since they are still building so I'm staying patent. I just force roam if I am in a 3g area that is horrid.. It's only been around my work so far that I've had to do that though.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360613394032.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360613394032.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 201

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had 4 4g phones with sprint and for the most part No 4g. Until about 6 months ago when they launched the Boston Market. I use to complain about the lack of 4g speed but held on because I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad I did. The lte I am now enjoying was well worth the wait to be able to stay with sprints unlimited data. Hang in there folks. At the same time lte was lit up the 3g also improved dramatically.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had 4 4g phones with sprint and for the most part No 4g. Until about 6 months ago when they launched the Boston Market. I use to complain about the lack of 4g speed but held on because I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad I did. The lte I am now enjoying was well worth the wait to be able to stay with sprints unlimited data. Hang in there folks. At the same time lte was lit up the 3g also improved dramatically.

I'm getting 1+ mbps on 3G and 4G is *around* me and it's pretty sweet. It's coming but not soon enough for some I guess. :(

Hope your thawed out and powered up. :D

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Chicago and so glad I didn't jump ship to T-Mobile

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360634135638.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360634135638.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 62

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Chicago and so glad I didn't jump ship to T-Mobile

Right? Everyone wants to call foul on Sprint. It's not their fault, so everyone needs to CHILL OUT. I see threads like this everyday and whining won't help. Just sit back and wait. Everyone will get a taste of Network Vision soon.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I wasn't considering switching because of speed because I've always had alright speeds with my old wimax s2 topping at 10mb but sprint was playing around on a old charge but thankfully it got cleared up.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I wasn't considering switching because of speed because I've always had alright speeds with my old wimax s2 topping at 10mb but sprint was playing around on a old charge but thankfully it got cleared up.

Yeah I'm using the S2 until we get LTE over here. My WiMAX topped at 21mbps so I'm good.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My wifi gets me around 25 for download,,, my lte average is 18 down. It's wonderful.

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Right? Everyone wants to call foul on Sprint. It's not their fault, so everyone needs to CHILL OUT. I see threads like this everyday and whining won't help. Just sit back and wait. Everyone will get a taste of Network Vision soon.

Actually, why ISN'T it their fault? I signed up for the original EVO because the sales rep convinced me that WIMAX would roll out quickly and successfully. I live 20 miles outside of Los Angeles, and have NEVER received a solid WIMAX signal.

Originally, customers were told that the $10 charge was for 4G. I understand now that it's just considered a "premium data charge," but this didn't happen until they got the Iphone. Since the Iphone wasn't 4g capable and Sprint wanted money they changed what the $10 was for. I'm still currently on Sprint because I want to be grandfathered into my unlimited plan, but to say that Sprint isn't at fault is disingenuous.

I'd venture to say there's quite a few people who signed up for the original EVO expecting 4G speeds who never or rarely got to take advantage of it since WIMAX was such a joke.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, why ISN'T it their fault? I signed up for the original EVO because the sales rep convinced me that WIMAX would roll out quickly and successfully. I live 20 miles outside of Los Angeles, and have NEVER received a solid WIMAX signal.

Originally, customers were told that the $10 charge was for 4G. I understand now that it's just considered a "premium data charge," but this didn't happen until they got the Iphone. Since the Iphone wasn't 4g capable and Sprint wanted money they changed what the $10 was for. I'm still currently on Sprint because I want to be grandfathered into my unlimited plan, but to say that Sprint isn't at fault is disingenuous.

I'd venture to say there's quite a few people who signed up for the original EVO expecting 4G speeds who never or rarely got to take advantage of it since WIMAX was such a joke.

Clear handled the WiMAX rollout and they stopped the WiMAX rollout before they was finished because they didn't have enough spectrum for the LTE network until they gave up on the old Nextel network and even then, LTE wasn't even a thought in any carriers mind. They started rolling out LTE on the old Nextel spectrum.

You can't blame Sprint. If anyone's to blame, it is Clear's fault. You can not blame Sprint for misinformation from a store rep. You should've did research before you gotten the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt