Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had 4 4g phones with sprint and for the most part No 4g. Until about 6 months ago when they launched the Boston Market. I use to complain about the lack of 4g speed but held on because I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad I did. The lte I am now enjoying was well worth the wait to be able to stay with sprints unlimited data. Hang in there folks. At the same time lte was lit up the 3g also improved dramatically.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Just a quick question do you get unlimited lte data if you have the unlimited plan? Or is it limited.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

born2ride41

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree it is there fault. No matter what you say it was and is a premium data charge and all I am saying there is nothing premium about there data roght now. I am not whining just stating a fact.

Respectfully your the Greatest Phone on Earth

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree it is there fault. No matter what you say it was and is a premium data charge and all I am saying there is nothing premium about there data roght now. I am not whining just stating a fact.

How about you read my previous posts? And your data is unlimited right? You want faster speeds, go to a different carrier and lose unlimited data.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
How about you read my previous posts? And your data is unlimited right? You want faster speeds, go to a different carrier and lose unlimited data.

Or they can have a lil patients and wait till nv hits there town

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is if you don't like the charge then switch companies. All this complaining is not going to change it. The fact is that this charge was put in place due to increase on smartphone use. Even with this charge sprint is still the lowest when it comes to data charge not comparing it with tmobile. If you want unlimited data for around the same price then get tmo otherwise you have no other choices except for prepaid options.
The fact is that this charge was just named incorrectly by sprint. If they would have called this "data addon" this thread probably would have never been formed. Whatever you say complaining about it is whining. Once sprint switches to tiered data I'm sure we'll have complaints again.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick question do you get unlimited lte data if you have the unlimited plan? Or is it limited.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Totally unlimited,, I stream all day 5 days a week. I use like 3 a week. I use wifi when I get home from work so I can imagine what I use a day lol.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is what I racked up in lte and LEAGAL tethering before this month is out Lol.
uzu2yby8.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As others said then change. If you go to ATT or Verizon you will be charged some way for Smartphone data but it just won't be called "premium data". You will also pay the more you use it unless you go the prepaid way with T mobile.

Don't emphasize on the word "premium" to much. They basically are just saying your phone can use their data services a lot more then a dumb phone can.. So they can tack on the 10 bucks for it. It does suck to have slow speeds but they are working on fixing it.. It just can't happen over night. As others have shown who have the upgrades and LTE it's wonderful.. Just takes time. I've been waiting a few months for LTE to be in my area.. It's in Jacksonville but not where I usually am. Just got to wait. :)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Clear handled the WiMAX rollout and they stopped the WiMAX rollout before they was finished because they didn't have enough spectrum for the LTE network until they gave up on the old Nextel network and even then, LTE wasn't even a thought in any carriers mind. They started rolling out LTE on the old Nextel spectrum.

You can't blame Sprint. If anyone's to blame, it is Clear's fault. You can not blame Sprint for misinformation from a store rep. You should've did research before you gotten the phone.

I did do my research. It wasn't just a store rep who said, "Wimax was coming" and that's why you're paying $10.

This is FROM SPRINT'S PRESS RELEASE:
"According to Sprint, it will be the first mobile product capable of watching YouTube videos in "high quality." The EVO 4G will require a $70/mo Everything Unlimited plan. WiMax 4G access will incur an additional $10 per month, and is mandatory for certain 4G devices. Customers can also choose to make the EVO 4G hotspot capable for up to eight devices for an additional $30 per month. It will be available on June 4 for $199."

I'm not sure why you're so set on defending Sprint here. Are their plans the cheapest? Yes, partly because I'm on SERO Premium. Can I stream Pandora or a Youtube video without buffering? No, not unless I'm on Wifi. If we're going to argue that people should leave instead of complaining, maybe Sprint shouldn't have commercials like their new Iphone5 one talking about how data should be unlimited, streaming music, uploading picture everywhere, etc. They might as well add the caveat that WIFI is a must if you want to do those things.

How many clueless people have they suckered into signing two year contracts with those commercials? I knew what I was getting into by signing my contract with them, and I remain with them because once LTE is rolled out, I want to be grandfathered in (This was my thought with WIMAX as well). However, to absolve them of any blame is where we're going to have to agree to disagree. They made a strategic error relying on wimax, and to say, "Well Clear didn't roll it out properly" is short sighted.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I did do my research. It wasn't just a store rep who said, "Wimax was coming" and that's why you're paying $10.

This is FROM SPRINT'S PRESS RELEASE:
"According to Sprint, it will be the first mobile product capable of watching YouTube videos in "high quality." The EVO 4G will require a $70/mo Everything Unlimited plan. WiMax 4G access will incur an additional $10 per month, and is mandatory for certain 4G devices. Customers can also choose to make the EVO 4G hotspot capable for up to eight devices for an additional $30 per month. It will be available on June 4 for $199."

Again you're still talking about the $10. It's required of EVERY SMART PHONE. Even when I had my Sprint Optimus S and Palm Pixi I had to pay it, and those are 3G phones. I've had Sprint since the basic 2-function (lol) Nokia phones. I look at my bill every month. The charge has been here even before WiMAX.

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Again you're still talking about the $10. It's required of EVERY SMART PHONE. Even when I had my Sprint Optimus S and Palm Pixi I had to pay it, and those are 3G phones. I've had Sprint since the basic 2-function (lol) Nokia phones. I look at my bill every month. The charge has been here even before WiMAX.

Maybe it was different for regular plans then...because I've always been on SERO and never had that $10 fee. In fact, when I went to the EVO 4G, my wife refused and kept her Palm Pre which did NOT have the $10 charge. When it came time for her to upgrade, she took the LG Optimus because even though it was considered a "smart phone" and could do everything the EVO was capable of, it did NOT have the $10 fee since it wasn't WIMAX capable.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it was different for regular plans then...because I've always been on SERO and never had that $10 fee. In fact, when I went to the EVO 4G, my wife refused and kept her Palm Pre which did NOT have the $10 charge. When it came time for her to upgrade, she took the LG Optimus because even though it was considered a "smart phone" and could do everything the EVO was capable of, it did NOT have the $10 fee since it wasn't WIMAX capable.

Yeah SERO might be different but standard plans always had the all smartphone charge. You can't blame Sprint for that either. If you join a regular plan, they will tell you the same I told you

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The $10 charge was originally for 4g access but then they changed it to any smartphone... do you want to incur a limit on our gbs used per month?
You can't use that old press release because there was another a year later stating it was for all.

In Baltimore md, get lte almost everywhere(20+mbps dl). Even 3g isn't bad at almost 3mbps.

Places in and around Jacksonville fl have also lit up recently... I travel between Baltimore and st marys ga frequently, and it's lit up in that small town in se ga.

Amy other questions I didn't get to?
Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital