Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

Default Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2

Like I said hard to justify the premiun data on this thing when I can barely use it due to horrible speeds unless I am at home on wifi. Why must I pay an extra 10 dollars a month for this why???

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by born2ride41 View Post
    Like I said hard to justify the premiun data on this thing when I can barely use it due to horrible speeds unless I am at home on wifi. Why must I pay an extra 10 dollars a month for this why???
    The $10 is a required fee for all smartphones. I hate to see people whining over speed. Sprint has the most number of MVNOs on their network compared to other carriers so speeds are generally going to be slower.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    The $10 is a required fee for all smartphones. I hate to see people whining over speed. Sprint has the most number of MVNOs on their network compared to other carriers so speeds are generally going to be slower.

More than t mobile?

T mobiles signal may drop a lot but at least it's fast.

Sprint just needs to upgrade their speeds

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    More than t mobile?

T mobiles signal may drop a lot but at least it's fast.

Sprint just needs to upgrade their speeds

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Yep more than any carrier. Network Vision is rolling out to upgrade their network, but it's going to be a while to get it to every tower.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

I didn't realize they had that many Nigel. The only two I've heard of are virgin and boost (yep the two big ones). I'm in the dark when it comes to the reat.

Any idea why they would want so many?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    I didn't realize they had that many Nigel. The only two I've heard of are virgin and boost (yep the two big ones). I'm in the dark when it comes to the reat.

Any idea why they would want so many?

Money. MVNOs uses the towers in the same way that Sprint roams off Verizon so some of the profit the MVNO makes goes to Sprint. That is also why most Sprint MVNOs don't roam because then they would have to pay Verizon for the towers as well.

Edit: here is the list of MVNOs in America. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...work_operators

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Simple answer: $$$$$

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I'm growing just as tired as you are.I followed Sprint on the Wimax adventure and got unreliable speeds and extremely spotty coverage. Now I have the Note 2 (and I understand LTE is just being rolled out) but how long am I supposed to wait for them to be 100% when they abandoned Wimax and rented out their 3g like there is no tommorow. If they can't fix this by the end of the year I'm out. T-Mobile has excellent AWS in my area and they're rolling out LTE and with the AWS speeds being as fast as I've seen from Sprint LTE and unlimited service back they are an excellent choice to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Prpolo View Post
    I'm growing just as tired as you are.I followed Sprint on the Wimax adventure and got unreliable speeds and extremely spotty coverage. Now I have the Note 2 (and I understand LTE is just being rolled out) but how long am I supposed to wait for them to be 100% when they abandoned Wimax and rented out their 3g like there is no tommorow. If they can't fix this by the end of the year I'm out. T-Mobile has excellent AWS in my area and they're rolling out LTE and with the AWS speeds being as fast as I've seen from Sprint LTE and unlimited service back they are an excellent choice to consider.
    I think they are supposed to have LTE rolled out fully by the end of this year.. If not fully at least like 90 percent.

They are working on it in my area and I am pleased when I get LTE. It's spotty since they are still building so I'm staying patent. I just force roam if I am in a 3g area that is horrid.. It's only been around my work so far that I've had to do that though.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1360613394032.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

I have had 4 4g phones with sprint and for the most part No 4g. Until about 6 months ago when they launched the Boston Market. I use to complain about the lack of 4g speed but held on because I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad I did. The lte I am now enjoying was well worth the wait to be able to stay with sprints unlimited data. Hang in there folks. At the same time lte was lit up the 3g also improved dramatically.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have had 4 4g phones with sprint and for the most part No 4g. Until about 6 months ago when they launched the Boston Market. I use to complain about the lack of 4g speed but held on because I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad I did. The lte I am now enjoying was well worth the wait to be able to stay with sprints unlimited data. Hang in there folks. At the same time lte was lit up the 3g also improved dramatically.

I'm getting 1+ mbps on 3G and 4G is *around* me and it's pretty sweet. It's coming but not soon enough for some I guess.

Hope your thawed out and powered up.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I'm in Chicago and so glad I didn't jump ship to T-Mobile

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1360634135638.jpg  
    zmann and Samsmalls like this.

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I'm in Chicago and so glad I didn't jump ship to T-Mobile

Right? Everyone wants to call foul on Sprint. It's not their fault, so everyone needs to CHILL OUT. I see threads like this everyday and whining won't help. Just sit back and wait. Everyone will get a taste of Network Vision soon.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Don't get me wrong I wasn't considering switching because of speed because I've always had alright speeds with my old wimax s2 topping at 10mb but sprint was playing around on a old charge but thankfully it got cleared up.

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Don't get me wrong I wasn't considering switching because of speed because I've always had alright speeds with my old wimax s2 topping at 10mb but sprint was playing around on a old charge but thankfully it got cleared up.

Yeah I'm using the S2 until we get LTE over here. My WiMAX topped at 21mbps so I'm good.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Wow I never broke 11 on wimax lol

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow I never broke 11 on wimax lol

I live across the street from a tower haha

My wifi gets me around 25 for download,,, my lte average is 18 down. It's wonderful.

love my evo.

Right? Everyone wants to call foul on Sprint. It's not their fault, so everyone needs to CHILL OUT. I see threads like this everyday and whining won't help. Just sit back and wait. Everyone will get a taste of Network Vision soon.

Actually, why ISN'T it their fault? I signed up for the original EVO because the sales rep convinced me that WIMAX would roll out quickly and successfully. I live 20 miles outside of Los Angeles, and have NEVER received a solid WIMAX signal.

Originally, customers were told that the $10 charge was for 4G. I understand now that it's just considered a "premium data charge," but this didn't happen until they got the Iphone. Since the Iphone wasn't 4g capable and Sprint wanted money they changed what the $10 was for. I'm still currently on Sprint because I want to be grandfathered into my unlimited plan, but to say that Sprint isn't at fault is disingenuous.

I'd venture to say there's quite a few people who signed up for the original EVO expecting 4G speeds who never or rarely got to take advantage of it since WIMAX was such a joke.

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    Actually, why ISN'T it their fault? I signed up for the original EVO because the sales rep convinced me that WIMAX would roll out quickly and successfully. I live 20 miles outside of Los Angeles, and have NEVER received a solid WIMAX signal.

Originally, customers were told that the $10 charge was for 4G. I understand now that it's just considered a "premium data charge," but this didn't happen until they got the Iphone. Since the Iphone wasn't 4g capable and Sprint wanted money they changed what the $10 was for. I'm still currently on Sprint because I want to be grandfathered into my unlimited plan, but to say that Sprint isn't at fault is disingenuous.

I'd venture to say there's quite a few people who signed up for the original EVO expecting 4G speeds who never or rarely got to take advantage of it since WIMAX was such a joke.
    Clear handled the WiMAX rollout and they stopped the WiMAX rollout before they was finished because they didn't have enough spectrum for the LTE network until they gave up on the old Nextel network and even then, LTE wasn't even a thought in any carriers mind. They started rolling out LTE on the old Nextel spectrum.

You can't blame Sprint. If anyone's to blame, it is Clear's fault. You can not blame Sprint for misinformation from a store rep. You should've did research before you gotten the phone.

Thanked by 2:
    luvsmobile likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post

Just a quick question do you get unlimited lte data if you have the unlimited plan? Or is it limited.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Just a quick question do you get unlimited lte data if you have the unlimited plan? Or is it limited.

Unlimited LTE. Same with WiMAX.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

I agree it is there fault. No matter what you say it was and is a premium data charge and all I am saying there is nothing premium about there data roght now. I am not whining just stating a fact.

Respectfully your the Greatest Phone on Earth

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by born2ride41 View Post
    I agree it is there fault. No matter what you say it was and is a premium data charge and all I am saying there is nothing premium about there data roght now. I am not whining just stating a fact.

Respectfully your the Greatest Phone on Earth
    How about you read my previous posts? And your data is unlimited right? You want faster speeds, go to a different carrier and lose unlimited data.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

How about you read my previous posts? And your data is unlimited right? You want faster speeds, go to a different carrier and lose unlimited data.

Or they can have a lil patients and wait till nv hits there town

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast