New update for the Sprint GN2 - 2/13/2013

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Cleared google framework and checked for a firmware update and nothing but when I tried samsung update it worked, so far the gallery has no lag that I can notice and I love the ink effect when unlocking the phone with the s pen. Also you can customize the toggles on the notification bar. If theres a official change log id like to see it. Other than that im happy with the update so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
New voice mail app is pretty cool. You can now change your quick setting toggles as well. Still noticing new stuff. Will post if I find anything else that is new.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

How do you change to the quick setting toggles?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind losing root to get Google wallet to work. Plus its easier to get root back. I may try the .zip file when I get home. Only reason I used root was to tether which I haven't done since December. Plus open garden still works without needing root.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Good afternoon, I am a female and I wanted to know if you can give me step by step directions how to get my phone back to original JLC? I am not rooted don't know how to do that stuff. I have the unofficial 4.1.2 which was through a zip file. :confused:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone mention the new voice mail app, I got an update for that separately the other day and I got an update for the sprint zone app today. I wonder if all those were included in the update or not. Either way, I am still on 4.1.1

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone mention the new voice mail app, I got an update for that separately the other day and I got an update for the sprint zone app today. I wonder if all those were included in the update or not. Either way, I am still on 4.1.1

I got those same updates too. Still no 4.1.2 update though.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed my battery draining faster. (my perception so far)
The eye icon stays on all the time.

And my Google Wallet now works. (completely stock) I already had it installed. After update notice this morning (on charger overnight) I tried it out and it let me set everything up, add a credit card etc. Prior to update it would give me the old "not supported" message.

I moved my notification buttons around. What/how is the 'ink color' change?

Stephana Butler

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I received my update this morning and there are a couples of changes, one in camera alot more in setting you can do like use the volume to zoom in and out, second the notification you can choose which one you want to see when you pull down the notification bar

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I received my update this morning and there are a couples of changes, one in camera alot more in setting you can do like use the volume to zoom in and out, second the notification you can choose which one you want to see when you pull down the notification bar

The volume button zoom has always been there.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys, for those who still don't have update, I think I have a sure way to get it started. Instead of just clearing the cache on Google frameworks, do this: clear cache then disable it. Then restart phone. After it boots up go back to app manager and it will be at the bottom of the list, clear cache again and enable it. Then retry the update. It worked for me. Let me know if it works.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed my battery draining faster. (my perception so far)
The eye icon stays on all the time.

And my Google Wallet now works. (completely stock) I already had it installed. After update notice this morning (on charger overnight) I tried it out and it let me set everything up, add a credit card etc. Prior to update it would give me the old "not supported" message.

I moved my notification buttons around. What/how is the 'ink color' change?

To change the ink color, go to Settings, Lockscreen, Lockscreen options, and there, provided you have the ripple effect on and you're not running a Live Wallpaper on your lockscreen, you can now change what color ink is being sprayed into the water when you unlock your phone with your S pen.

Yes, the eye icon is always on, but it's usually gray until the phone checks for your presence. It does so based on how long you allow the phones screen to stay on until it turns itself off. If you only have it on for 15 seconds, then it will check if you're looking at the screen after 15 seconds, etc...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried it by clearing the cache and force closing, then checking right away and by clearing the cache, force closing, rebooting, and then checking. Either way, I did it like 10 times at least, and not in short order, I only did it maybe 2 or 3 times, then leaving it alone for a while. Anyways, as soon as I saw the post with the Update being available to download for a manual install, I tried it one more time, just for kicks. Cleared cache, force stopped, checked for updates, and there it was. For the most part I think it's really just coincidence and that there is no sure fire method to make the phone find the update right away. It sure is fun trying. At least on Sprint you can hammer away at the Check NOW button as much as you want, the AT&T version won't let you check again for 24 hours.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon, I am a female and I wanted to know if you can give me step by step directions how to get my phone back to original JLC? I am not rooted don't know how to do that stuff. I have the unofficial 4.1.2 which was through a zip file. :confused:

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys, for those who still don't have update, I think I have a sure way to get it started. Instead of just clearing the cache on Google frameworks, do this: clear cache then disable it. Then restart phone. After it boots up go back to app manager and it will be at the bottom of the list, clear cache again and enable it. Then retry the update. It worked for me. Let me know if it works.

Didn't work

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Got the OTA update this morning. After the update, the Smart Stay icon was on in the notification bar. If you want to turn it off, go to Settings>Display>scroll down to Features>uncheck Smart Stay. So far the icon has not shown up again in my notification bar.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings and display and you will see a tab for notifications. It will allow you to do it there.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work

Ok try this exactly word for word, do not deviate:
Go into Google frameworks from app manager. Clear cache and disable it. Then go back to update Samsung software and select it. You'll get an error message. At this point select ok and then reboot the phone. After it comes back go back to app manager and all apps. Google frameworks will now be at the bottom. Open and enable it, then clear cache again. Then go to updates and select Samsung update, it should tell you the software is downloading. I recommend an lte or wifi connection or it will time out and you'll have to do all this over again. Let me know how it goes.