New update for the Sprint GN2 - 2/13/2013

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I followed your instructions verbatim and no update.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok try this exactly word for word, do not deviate:
Go into Google frameworks from app manager. Clear cache and disable it. Then go back to update Samsung software and select it. You'll get an error message. At this point select ok and then reboot the phone. After it comes back go back to app manager and all apps. Google frameworks will now be at the bottom. Open and enable it, then clear cache again. Then go to updates and select Samsung update, it should tell you the software is downloading. I recommend an lte or wifi connection or it will time out and you'll have to do all this over again. Let me know how it goes.

I followed your instructions verbatim and no update.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Finally got mine to update last night, figures cause Sunday I finally decided to root because I really missed using google wallet and was gonna figure out how to make it work while rooted. Not a big deal though, updated, lost root and got a working wallet. Now this phone is damn near perfect.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine to update last night, figures cause Sunday I finally decided to root because I really missed using google wallet and was gonna figure out how to make it work while rooted. Not a big deal though, updated, lost root and got a working wallet. Now this phone is damn near perfect.

You got that right! I just wish the phone had a metal or aluminum case and then this phone would be only phone people should have. I have to admit htc may have a seller on their hands with the htc one. I hope Samsung follows behind them and makes a stronger galaxy s and note

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You got that right! I just wish the phone had a metal or aluminum case and then this phone would be only phone people should have. I have to admit htc may have a seller on their hands with the htc one. I hope Samsung follows behind them and makes a stronger galaxy s and note

While that looks like a solid piece of hardware I don't see one feature that would make me want it. I think the speaker is a waste, for me anyway. I would still always use headphones. I could never go down in screen size,, only up.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Since the update, my email is going wacko. Using the stock email app. I have several email accounts on my phone. About 3 of them keep bringing back old emails, even deleted ones. I've gone through and marked all of them read, I've deleted the old ones and they still come back. Not sure how to keep the emails from reappearing. Anyone know why? Thanks.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
In 4.1.1 on an edit contact screen, were you able to set message alerts? I don't remember that function being here before the update...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since the update, my email is going wacko. Using the stock email app. I have several email accounts on my phone. About 3 of them keep bringing back old emails, even deleted ones. I've gone through and marked all of them read, I've deleted the old ones and they still come back. Not sure how to keep the emails from reappearing. Anyone know why? Thanks.

Mine does the same thing. I deleted all my email accounts from the phone, then went to Outlook and checked all my email and marked everything as read. 2 of my accounts are ok now with the only causing issues still being the one that I do not have in Outlook. With that account, I let it download only 25 emails at a time. The trick is to always keep enough emails in there so it won't feel the need to fill up the rest of the 25 emails (you can set in settings how many emails you want to keep on your phone at one time per account) with older emails. So currently, when ever I delete an email, if nothing new comes in, it will fill up the 25 email limit with even older emails. I never check the last email account, I am guessing if I were to have Outlook check all those emails, or delete them on the email server, it would finally stop doing that.

So, give it a whirl, good luck.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
When surfing the web it doesn't zoom in and out with my finger on the side of the screen. That was my *only* complaint with the Note II. Now with that and Google Wallet this thing really rocks! :cool:

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed my *new* NFC toggle in the Notification Panel doesn't respond to a tap, but long pressing brings up the NFC switch. :confused:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung could go with metal and glass, can you imagine what this thing would weigh then? Also, Apple is going to make a plastic version of the iphone too, so they are chasing Samsung. Andriod phones (4 of them) top the charts over the iphone 5 by the way in satisfaction surveys...I have an iphone for work and really get frustrated with the thing. My daily driver was an Evo 3D, now my Note II since November and I couldn't be happier. This is the first phone that I didn't wait for a deal before buying it...plunked down my hard earned greenbacks and love it. My only gripe is where the on/off button is located, right across from the volume buttons is annoying...but that is the only problem I have. Battery life is fantastic, waaay faster then the Evo in 4G. Now that I turned on the voice feature for taking pictures I tell other users about that...they should have classes on this phone. So much great stuff buried in it.

As far as glass and metal weighing more, the initial reviews from the event are saying that it is lightweight and very sturdy. I would give up plastic for glass and metal anytime. The EVO 3d was my daily phone before the note 2 also. That phone was half metal half plastic. I actually liked it a lot. It just had to many problems. Hopefully htc improved from it. The seamless body on the htc one looks really nice. Reminds me of my unibody mac.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
HELP ME PLEASE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forum

I am a female and I have un official 4.1.2 update and it is missing some features. Can someone please tell me how I can get back to 4.1.1 or have the sprint official 4.1.2 update? Please get back to me ASAP :confused:

discdoc

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had just about every high end Sprint Android phone available, and to date, this is by far my favorite... that was before the recent update. I still love it, but am frustrated by updates that improve certain things, but hurt others. We were all licking our chops for the update, and then it finally came... granted, there were some really nice UI enhancements, but at a cost. Has anyone else noticed:

- Auto brightness is not nearly as efficient... it's much darker (which probably saves battery, but is now useless)
- Battery life isn't as good (some users mentioned this)
- Exchange e-mails don't always upon when on Wi-Fi
- Pressing the Home button sometimes brings up the Task Killer (someone already mentioned this)
- Swiping left and right through home screens is a bit laggy... certainly not as smooth as before the update.

I hate quirkiness!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the battery... it's not drastic for me though.

Fortunately I haven't had any of the other issues...

On .1, could you set a message time for a certain person? I didn't remember that option there before.......

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got the new update today and noticed a new icon in the notification field. Looks like a football with clock hand inside and 3 antennae sticking out of the top. any clues as to what that is?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had just about every high end Sprint Android phone available, and to date, this is by far my favorite... that was before the recent update. I still love it, but am frustrated by updates that improve certain things, but hurt others. We were all licking our chops for the update, and then it finally came... granted, there were some really nice UI enhancements, but at a cost. Has anyone else noticed:

- Auto brightness is not nearly as efficient... it's much darker (which probably saves battery, but is now useless)
- Battery life isn't as good (some users mentioned this)
- Exchange e-mails don't always upon when on Wi-Fi
- Pressing the Home button sometimes brings up the Task Killer (someone already mentioned this)
- Swiping left and right through home screens is a bit laggy... certainly not as smooth as before the update.

I hate quirkiness!

Battery life definitely definitely took a hit. The auto brightness is also not working as efficient either. Plus my Swype keyboard is laggy and is delayed when I select an area for typing. Not good. I hope Samsung and sprint are getting another update ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995