Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just letting you guys know that Google Wallet is now function with the new ota (MA7) It isn't available in the play store for the note 2 anymore though, but I downloaded version 1.6 from XDA and it no longer shows the unsupported device screen and gets to the point of showing all my cards. I think someone else posted in a thread about the update, but it seemed important enough to have its own thread.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I already had Google Wallet installed on my Note 2, even know it didn't work. It now WORKS after update. Completely stock Note 2, just got the OTA 4.1.2 this morning.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I already had Google Wallet installed on my Note 2, even know it didn't work. It now WORKS after update. Completely stock Note 2, just got the OTA 4.1.2 this morning.

I already had it installed on my note 2 . still don't work.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

My goodness, I still haven't gotten my update. Could there be something wrong with my phone? It never took this long to wait for an update.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My goodness, I still haven't gotten my update. Could there be something wrong with my phone? It never took this long to wait for an update.

Well I got my update this morning and Google wallet still does not work. Don't know how someone could have gotten so lucky,, no luck here.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you look for the r96 version? Most people that install that one have gotten it to work. Just make sure you uninstall the one you currently have in there. Remember to reboot after uninstall.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you look for the r96 version? Most people that install that one have gotten it to work. Just make sure you uninstall the one you currently have in there. Remember to reboot after uninstall.
where would I find that version? Keep in mind I don't /won't root.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't thank me. I wish I could take credit. It was told to me by someone in the gnote 2 thread. I wish I had remembered his name. I'm glad it worked. Looking forward to trying it out on mine if I ever get the update. I hope I didn't screw up my phone with the previous root from the exynos apk.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't thank me. I wish I could take credit. It was told to me by someone in the gnote 2 thread. I wish I had remembered his name. I'm glad it worked. Looking forward to trying it out on mine if I ever get the update. I hope I didn't screw up my phone with the previous root from the exynos apk.

We'll we all learn things and pass on our knowledge,, that's what it's all about,,,, you deserve thanks from my point of view,, so shut up and take it lolol(kidding) :thumbup:

evobassfish

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Got wallet app set up now just gotta find a store that supports it lol. Been waiting for this since Nov. This makes the Note 2 so much better.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got wallet app set up now just gotta find a store that supports it lol. Been waiting for this since Nov. This makes the Note 2 so much better.

I hear you. It's all i used in stores when I had my evo. First thing I tried to set up when I bought my note 2 was wallet. Obviously it was probably the app I use the most next to tap talk. I was very upset and angry when I discovered it was not compatible. So glad it is working now. Just about every store in my area is compatible with using wallet.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my update to work after jumping through hoops reverting back to stock recovery. Can't wait to use Google wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007