Battery life after update

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey I just updated top 4.1.2 last night and noticed today that my battery life is not so good. Is there a bug in the update somewhere? Some advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems a little better if anything. I restarted after download was complete. Don't know if that helped though.

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, idk why it's not that good after the update. Do you know of anything it could be. My settings are the exact same before I updated and I had amazing battery life. A 10% an hour drop is not good at all

Last edited:

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm at 50% after 8 hours today. I get that on a heavy days use and I haven't used my phone a lot today. I'll do a test tomorrow to see how it is.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This was yesterday. 1 day after I updated. I am a heavy user. I streamed sirus for 9 hours.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361359208031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361359208031.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 49

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Today seems better than yesterday. Does being rooted have anything to do with battery drain?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Today seems better than yesterday. Does being rooted have anything to do with battery drain?

Not really. unless you are overclocking cpu or installed a rom that is intensive.
I just read in another forum that the culprit for the battery life after update is the smart stay and smart rotation feature. Since they updated the way it works this may be draining the battery. I disabled it and will try to see if battery improves.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm only rooted for wifi tethering. I have those both disabled and I saw about a 3-4 % an hour drop on barely any use yesterday that was with 30% brightness. Then when I put it on 50% brightness it dropped double that an hour. I'm unrooted now and back on 4.1.1 LJC I think I'll give up those few extra add ons for now I'm not that worried about having them

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Since the update I havent notice any battery drop for me, I have smart stay and the motion coolness disabled unless I want to show off haha. I streamed a local radio station today through their app for almost and hour, browsed my usual online sites with chrome, the usual a few calls and mostly text through out the day. Right now im down to 51% left, I took my phone off charge at roughly 6am this morning and its currently 7:36pm, im prett happy with the battery life. I just hope once we eventually get 4g lte in the upstate of SC my battery dont take huge hit.
Also ive noticed the auto brightness dosent work as it use to, it seems darker when it should be a little brighter.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Note 2 on Friday and, of course, it pushed for the update right away. Have to say for first few days was dissapointed on the battery life.

Turned off the smart face thing and the gestures and that did not seem to help a whole lot.

Then turned off the s-pen detection when not removed. The setting even says it will help battery life. Also turned off auto rotate which I always do anyway and now the battery life is amazing.

Of course it could be that it just took a few charge cycles for things to get calibrated, but would be interesting to see if the s-pen detection helps others

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay