Nfc tags are fantastic

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently created a tag for when I run errands that toggles wifi off, data on, bluetooth on, navigation on and it will text an I love you to my wife, when I return, it toggles wifi on, data off bluetooth off, and navigation off. This is just one tag with plenty of space left to program much more. Have fun with them.

Frank

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This is awesome! I never knew you could do all those things with nfc tags, will be ordering some soon to put on my front door for wifi for guest and my contact info on my key chain!

Its very cool for sure. Last thing I do every night with my phone right before I put it on the dock is tap a tag that opens my alarm clock app.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get the tags that work with our phones? I am curious to get some and try them out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get the tags that work with our phones? I am curious to get some and try them out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

You can get them through the NFC Task Launcher app, they will send you two free tags to get you started.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can get them through the NFC Task Launcher app, they will send you two free tags to get you started.

In addition to the 2 free they have a great developers package for 20 dollars. Or you can just go on amazon and search nfc tags. So far, through the mentioned app is the best package for the money that I have found.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After reading this topic I went and ordered some on Amazon. Was pretty disappointed that while Samsung sells them on the US website, they don't offer them at any Canadian reseller. I even went on live chat to ask where to purchase and all the guy would tell me was that accessories are sold at some third party site and he has no information on whether they sell the tiles or where to buy them.

Thankfully Amazon has a seller on their. Little expensive at 5 for $15, but not too bad. I ordered 2 packs for 10 in total.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
After reading this topic I went and ordered some on Amazon. Was pretty disappointed that while Samsung sells them on the US website, they don't offer them at any Canadian reseller. I even went on live chat to ask where to purchase and all the guy would tell me was that accessories are sold at some third party site and he has no information on whether they sell the tiles or where to buy them.

Thankfully Amazon has a seller on their. Little expensive at 5 for $15, but not too bad. I ordered 2 packs for 10 in total.

Your gonna love what these you can do with these things.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'm going to love these things.

I honestly can't believe I never heard of them until now. I seen the NFC toggle in the notification panel, but didn't think it was anything useful. Boy how I was wrong. I already have quite a few planned out for what to do with them.

I've had my Note 2 for two months now. I sure am on top of things. :p

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'm going to love these things.

I honestly can't believe I never heard of them until now. I seen the NFC toggle in the notification panel, but didn't think it was anything useful. Boy how I was wrong. I already have quite a few planned out for what to do with them.

I've had my Note 2 for two months now. I sure am on top of things. :p

I'm not sure that a lot of people know what all NFC does, your definitely not alone. I didn't know just how capable NFC was until I Googled NFC uses. I also wanted to once again mention the NFC Task Manager app, I've tried just about every NFC app out there and this app seems to do the most. Have a blast with the tags, I know my wife loves to get the I love you text every time I run an errand.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Glad everyone is finding this useful,, I finally made a useful thread bahahahahaha.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Glad everyone is finding this useful,, I finally made a useful thread bahahahahaha.

Yes thanks. People were telling a guy about it in another thread that wanted his phone to do something related to voice dialing - oh, not go to sleep so it wouldn't lock, and they all said get one of these tags. I'd never heard of them before and couldn't figure out what use they would possibly be. I'm tempted to get one now simply to turn my screen brightness up when I leave the house and wifi off. Then reverse it when I get home. That's the only thing I really need automated since I don't use the phone to play music or navigate or use a Bluetooth headset which seem to be the big uses. And since I have Sprint, I don't have to worry about setting my phone on silent when I get a anywhere cause there's no signal inside buildings. :p

However, what do the non - key chain tags look like? Do you stick them on to things? I'd be tempted to stick one somewhere at church so I don't get notifications and alarm sounds and people don't think I am using my phone when I am just trying to silence it.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

This was a great idea for a thread zmann, if more people knew that NFC was more than a quick way to pay for things, I'm sure a lot more people would be using it.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This was a great idea for a thread zmann, if more people knew that NFC was more than a quick way to pay for things, I'm sure a lot more people would be using it.

I've got two coming free and I got the developers package from the app coming also... :)

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
And to think, I was enjoying using nfc only with Google wallet and paying at any store that accepted it. Can't wait for more nfc stuff to pop up.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes thanks. People were telling a guy about it in another thread that wanted his phone to do something related to voice dialing - oh, not go to sleep so it wouldn't lock, and they all said get one of these tags. I'd never heard of them before and couldn't figure out what use they would possibly be. I'm tempted to get one now simply to turn my screen brightness up when I leave the house and wifi off. Then reverse it when I get home. That's the only thing I really need automated since I don't use the phone to play music or navigate or use a Bluetooth headset which seem to be the big uses. And since I have Sprint, I don't have to worry about setting my phone on silent when I get a anywhere cause there's no signal inside buildings. :p

However, what do the non - key chain tags look like? Do you stick them on to things? I'd be tempted to stick one somewhere at church so I don't get notifications and alarm sounds and people don't think I am using my phone when I am just trying to silence it.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

The non keychain ones look exactly like the keychain ones but just the blue circle the size of a quarter,,, maybe slightly bigger and yes,, peel and stick.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I sent a PM to one of the moderators that I have recently chatted with, to see if AC could start an NFC section.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Good to know people are using NFC tags.
I enjoy slapping my Samsung Tec-Tiles all over the place!

Sent from my toaster, which runs Android Jelly Bean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma