problem charging, and computer won't recognize device

gmleonar

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
ok so as of a few days ago, my wall charger will not work(OEM supplied with phone), so i tried a different cable and it didnt work. so i shut off the phone to see if it would charge while turned off and nothing, however when i try to turn on the phone while connected trying to charge, i get a strange icon that is a battery with a circle in it(almost like a buffering circle) and it won't allow me to turn back on the phone until i unplug the charger. i luckily purchased an external battery charger which will charge the battery(takes 3x as long), but still it works. so i thought the external charger may have messed up the battery to make it unable to charge from the factory charger, but i just received another OEM battery in the mail that i purchased, and when i put that in the phone, still same problem, no charging, no recognization from my computer, etc. any ideas? anyone have this similar problem? is this a phone problem? ps, ive only had the phone for about 2 weeks now and this is driving me nuts. thanks for any and all help.

gmleonar

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
ok so i did a factory reset, and now when i plug into the wall or my computer, it shows the charging symbol in the battery, however it is not charging, and is actually discharging still. this has to be a phone problem since it's doing it with 2 OEM batteries right? this is kind of annoying since i purchased the phone not long ago...

PS-the computer is still not recognizing the device

ceek

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
From what you've said so far.....are you sure the cables you have been using are ok? If you have a store nearby I would take it there and have it checked out. My money would be on a bad cable though.

gmleonar

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
i tried several cables, more than 1 that were samsung, but nothing. so i just went back to best buy and they just gave me a new phone since its within 30 days, and they actually commented that someone was in the past week with the same exact problem, and thought it was me, but i told them it wasnt. problem solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan