Android 4.1.2 update, (what's new, what have you noticed)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my update yesterday, things I've noticed; Positives: firefox is now on the multi window menu, default browser is quicker when loading pages, when u hover the S pen over a folder on your home page it shows a preview of all theapps within that folder, Google wallet works!, options to customize notification bar, options to use volume keys to zoom in and out on camera, notification menu bar is now black instead of gray and the gallery seems to load much faster even the sd card photos and synced photos from Facebook and Pocasa load almost instantly, galary interface is better with better preview window and viewing options. Negative: smart stay eye on notification bar stays on constantly, whenever you wake up your phone by pressing the home button the recently used apps menu pops up automatically! Very very annoying, pop up tips that seem to show up randomly telling you stuff you already know, also the default browser is automatically picked as your browser instead of chrome or Firefox.

I've also noticed that when u copy something to the clipboard and paste it in s-note, it now pastes on page 1 of the document u have open which is great! Before it would paste to a new page and you'd have to cut and re paste on the 1st page then go back and delete the new pages created by the original paste.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that the smart stay eye lights up bright every 1 minute or so, so it may not have the camera on the entire time. It appears that maybe the icon stays on but the camera only comes on periodically when the icon lights up to check if your looking at the phone or not.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I guess I see the point of it, keeps you informed on what's open and you can close more apps more often saving battery life and memory. You can also quick jump to a previously opened app from the screen, but theysshould at least make it an option not a requirement!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess I see the point of it, keeps you informed on what's open and you can close more apps more often saving battery life and memory. You can also quick jump to a previously opened app from the screen, but theysshould at least make it an option not a requirement!

Which Lock Screen are you using? I'm using Swipe and it works the same as before 4.1.2. :confused:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not happy about the Home button either.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

I haven't had the home button do that to me. Maybe it's an option. The home button for me is finally working the way it should. When I use it to wake up phone it finally doesn't go back immediately to home but puts me back in the same spot I was when I turned off screen.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's new but I don't remember this in 4.1.1 - ability to set different message tones for others, guess next time I reset my phone back to ljc I'll see

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i decided to revert back to non rooted LJC earlier because i couldn't take the battery life anymore.... (i kept the revert to stock, 0 flash count on my sd card.... for some reason had to factory reset after, but i got it working ;) )

just got done re-rooting it since i gained access to my pc.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's new but I don't remember this in 4.1.1 - ability to set different message tones for others, guess next time I reset my phone back to ljc I'll see

I was right. There is no message tone chooser in 4.1.1. It is new for .2 - on each contact's screen

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was right. There is no message tone chooser in 4.1.1. It is new for .2 - on each contact's screen

I assume that is for text messages, now if only the messaging app had a popup box. There would be no need for a third party app at all. I just like the instant reply... hate opening the app every time. 👎

masblueman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I assume that is for text messages, now if only the messaging app had a popup box. There would be no need for a third party app at all. I just like the instant reply... hate opening the app every time. 👎

Take a look at Chomp. It has a pop up and instant reply. Very nice and I had tried a number of others.

Sent from my GT-N7100

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at Chomp. It has a pop up and instant reply. Very nice and I had tried a number of others.

Sent from my GT-N7100

I use Handcent, I just think if they're trying to add options to the phones messaging app that would be a nice one.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

correct. i use chomp, but i noticed this before i ditched MA7 (4.1.2) - went back to LJC because battery life sucked horribly...

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
correct. i use chomp, but i noticed this before i ditched MA7 (4.1.2) - went back to LJC because battery life sucked horribly...

I am a female and I want to know can you please walk me through getting my phone back to LJC? After that update my battery life sucks so bad.:confused:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am a female and I want to know can you please walk me through getting my phone back to LJC? After that update my battery life sucks so bad.:confused:

What does being female matter to your question?

Have you tried turning smart stay and smart rotation off? Have you tried a hard reset? I did both. Battery life is fine for me.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Are you rooted? if not, you have to do that... I'll link you to two threads.

As for the smart stay and rotation, i never had them on to begin with, my battery life dropped substantially (going from 18+ hours with 6 hours+ screen on time to 8 hours with 2.5 hours screen on...)

easiest way to root: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to Stock - xda-developers
how to revert back to LJC - [ROM][RESTORE][2-27-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset(MA7 POSTED) - xda-developers - make sure you grab the LJC files, not the MA7 ones....

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? if not, you have to do that... I'll link you to two threads.

As for the smart stay and rotation, i never had them on to begin with, my battery life dropped substantially (going from 18+ hours with 6 hours+ screen on time to 8 hours with 2.5 hours screen on...)

easiest way to root: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to Stock - xda-developers
how to revert back to LJC - [ROM][RESTORE][2-27-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset(MA7 POSTED) - xda-developers - make sure you grab the LJC files, not the MA7 ones....

I just stated that I was a female because this rooting stuff is new to me and I have no clue. So thank you for the information but I still don't understand how to get phone back to LJC by downloading that file.:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie