Problems with updating.

TailzysCool

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Been on this forum for awhile now. But never made an account. Buy I've been having problems recently with updating my note 2. I did root. But rooted with out flashing a custom rom. Just stock rooted. I found out about the upgrade. So I went ahead and tried to un root and download the update. It failed to update. It would fail to reboot for the update.Multiple times. So I did a factory reset. And tried to update. Now it gets to the downloading screen. But it half way through. The android guy falls down and gets a failed to update. Any help?

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Been on this forum for awhile now. But never made an account. Buy I've been having problems recently with updating my note 2. I did root. But rooted with out flashing a custom rom. Just stock rooted. I found out about the upgrade. So I went ahead and tried to un root and download the update. It failed to update. It would fail to reboot for the update.Multiple times. So I did a factory reset. And tried to update. Now it gets to the downloading screen. But it half way through. The android guy falls down and gets a failed to update. Any help?

Try manually flashing the update...? Xda has just the update.zip somewhere in there.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

If you're running a custom recovery, any OTA (Over the Air) update will fail. Doing a factory reset will not put you back to stock; it only resets the data on the phone. You will still be rooted with whatever recovery you were using.

As tirith said, you will want to head over to XDA and search for a flashable Update zip. Make sure that you look for one specifically for your device. :thumbup:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you're running a custom recovery, any OTA (Over the Air) update will fail. Doing a factory reset will not put you back to stock; it only resets the data on the phone. You will still be rooted with whatever recovery you were using.

As tirith said, you will want to head over to XDA and search for a flashable Update zip. Make sure that you look for one specifically for your device. :thumbup:

Which is the exact reason I don't care about hitting update now... it won't go through :). I don't want ma7 4.1.2 on my phone...

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

TailzysCool

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing. I originally did start the download of the update while rooted. But it failed. So I uprooted. Tried to us SU and other rooted apps and I wasn't allowed too. So figured I wasn't rooted anymore and tried to to instal. Now when trying tto reboot to install the update. About a little of a quarter way through. The android guy falls over with his chest open and a red triangle with a an exclamation point pops up . then just reboots without installing. Wait. So to get the update. I have to root my phone and flash the right software for my phone? But that's the whole point. I don't want to be rooted anymore. Just stock again.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Over on xda, there is a revert thread, stock, flash count 0 in the galaxy note 2 android development options. If you are using stock recovery, download the update.zip and manually flash it. They have both over there. ;)

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network~if I helped, hit thanks.