Firmware upgrade encountered an issue?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently traded my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2 (thank goodness! I missed Android!) and I rooted it using Odin. Then, go figure, I got an OTA so i tried to unroot it and I get "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue." I don't know what I did wrong, but I can't unroot my phone to save my life! Can someone point me in the right direction please? If it weren't for the stupid OTA update that keeps harassing my phone I wouldn't even be worried about it lol. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere! Thanks for the help in advance!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you're using a custom recovery? Best thing, go to xda, go into the sprint Samsung galaxy note 2 Android development forum and find the all in one upgrade package. Lets you manually flash it in the custom recovery, includes the modem update.

Or you can use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2086769 and then reroot it...

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just to be sure I understood the instructions right, I download the MA7 and flash it through TWRP right? I have about 5 hours until I can test it anyway lol.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find the update, but what I linked should work fine. you can download the return to stock ma7 file and flash on twrp. It'll do the rest.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away