Will you install Facebook Home on your phone?

Will you install FB Home on your phone?

• Total voters

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So Zuck & Crew introduced the world to FB Home, what does everyone think of it?

Here are my thoughts:

1. Too simplistic, too much FB ALL the time
2. I kinda like the ChatHead idea, someone needs to copy it and improve on it.
3. Samsung themselves say that it's all about the Software. If you ever thought Touchwiz has too much gimmickry in it, maybe you should install FB Home and see what you'll be missing after a few minutes, hours, or days... I am very surprised that the GS3, GS4, and Note 2 are among the first phones to support FB Home and that Samsung is a partner, after all, they put so much work into the software, and to just dumb this great phone down to iPhone level by installing FB Home on it just seems downright wrong to me.

Anyways...opinions?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ill give it a try just to talk crap to my wife about what she cant have on her iPhone. But I doubt it would last more than a day. I love the idea and the implementation looks great but im not that big into Facebook so I dont want it to constantly show me information. Shoot I dont even use the fb widget

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ill give it a try just to talk crap to my wife about what she cant have on her iPhone. But I doubt it would last more than a day. I love the idea and the implementation looks great but im not that big into Facebook so I dont want it to constantly show me information. Shoot I dont even use the fb widget

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not gonna try... Really. Even though I have a FB account, I'm not super addicted to it. I don't think it's necessiary. Really. Facebook home is like turning your phone into a giant FB app. I mean I don't want to see other people's status in my lock screen and home screen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No f*cking way. It looks good but pretty pointless unless your really really into Facebook. Maybe aimed at younger crowd?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely no way! Facebook is only good to a point and then it gets stupid, this is that FB just got stupid.

Just another launcher for FB fanatics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am really curious what's going to happen on Friday. Will the servers glow red hot or snooze along and regular speed at FB Headquarters? As mentioned before, the Chathead thing looks pretty cool, wish we could have that without the rest of the overt Facebookness. I mean, no live wallpaper and all the other features Samsung added to the Note 2, it's just too much to give up.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just...no. I don't Facebook, and I want my launcher to look how I want.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2