The infamous data connection problem...

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So this morning I woke up, unplugged the phone and started streaming music through Spotify on wifi. No issues

Left the house, wifi off, no issues.

Got to work..... No 3g whatsoever.... Down 10% battery in less than an hour....

WHAT... THE... ****

Sent from a useless brick..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried rebooting the device? Checked your Network settings?

Next thought anyone you work with use Sprint to verify there is no service issues at work or that area.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I've started, restarted, battery pulled, airplane mode, wifi on off, data on off.... Now I'm apparently data roaming while on wifi and I'm just pissed off....

600 dollar phone with a constant set of problems....

Sent from the brick

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It's the NV ****....another guy came in with an evolte and his is doing the EXACT same thing.. And with little surprise as soon as I left work and got home...Everything is fine. I notice 4g at work from time to time so I assume they are working on towers in that area and inversely ruining the connections at the same time. Unfortunate and hopefully not something that is going to make my work days bad in the future. My phone is like....my life. I need it to work at all times otherwise I start having withdrawals and ****. Sorry for the angry rant...Just not fun to see your battery drop almost 20% in less than an hour because the phone can't lock a signal. I checked the battery stats and the phone was awake for the entire duration of my 4 hour shift.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you found out what was the culprit. I remember you talking about getting the Note 2 a while back and you finally got it and it seems to be one issue after another. I hope these issues become minimal soon. :) My phone is my life, too.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
My niece and her husband, both on Sprint, but her with and iPhone and he with a SG3, were having similar probs. Dropped calls, no data links, bad battery drops. Turns out Sprint WAS working on the local towers thus causing their probs. Lasted about two weeks.
Work was completed and they have had no further probs.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
That's funny.... I could swear that says two weeks...... I don't have the patients to deal with it for two DAYS... This is my new hell....

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Its a good sign it may suck but it just shows sprint is working to improve their network I had the same issues plus receiving calls thst display my wifes number but is a different person both times it was someone making a call at the same time as my wife snd the lines got switched. But I only had those issues when connected to towers that they were working on. But since getting rid of my lgog I have had no issues with lte dropped calls or anything. So I would say this phone works great

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My area went through that last summer and when it was finished not only did I have outstanding lte service,, also the 3g was noticeable better.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!