The Network Vision Process

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like sprint is updating my area. Just got something in the mail from them that says very vaguely what they are doing. Unfortunately I can't find it otherwise I'd post it for you. But I'm glad to see they at least "try" to inform people. Although the upgrade process started almost a week before the information got here. But alas I'm no longer allowed to complain of crappy service since they are doing upgrades and the service will be quite rough until they finish. Hopefully soon.

Sent from the Black Mamba

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you may have a few rough spots during the Network Vision upgrade but it will be worth the wait once the upgrade is further along and LTE starts to light up.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been noticing it in my area as well. Pretty much all over town in spotty areas, most close to the interstate. I was out last weekend and while sitting there waiting for my food I turned the phone on to check a few things. Just as I turned it on, I thought the 3G indicator was replaced to a 4G indicator, but then I just declared myself crazy and went back to waiting for food. After a while I got some texts, and I look up again, and there it is...4G in all it's glory. I ran a few speed tests and it got faster and faster, starting at just 3 Mbit/s going up to 10 for download speeds. It stayed on the entire night. In the days to follow I saw it popping up in more and more places and in some areas I got some consistent and impressive speeds ranging from the mid 20s to a high of 32 down and 11 up. Streaming Netflix on that was a joy. I can't wait until the build out is complete and I will get fast speeds all over.

It feels like Christmas everytime I see the 4G pop up. Aside from that, the 3G service has improved as well, even at my house. I used to get half a mbit/s but now I get between 1.5 and 2.5 more and more frequently.

Pretty soon I won't have to be jealous of my AT&T LTE iPhone 5 carrying friend. :)

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Alas the 4th G has arrived. Will post speeds when I get the chance to check them out. Seems a ton more stable than when I noticed it before

Sent from the phablet king

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So i was sitting at Hooters last night with my buddy who has an iphone 5 on At&t when I saw 4g popping up on my phone. So like a couple of geeks, and much to the amazement of our rather cute waitress, we started running the speed test app. Sprint really held its own against big blue. The speeds were very comparable in the download department averaging to about 24 for both phones. I consistently got higher upload speeds in the 6 to 11 MBit range compared to his 5 to 6, and my ping was about one third of his staying in the 50 ms range compared to his 150.

Hope it will be like this all over the place in the future.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh. Well I'm only NOW noticing an actual improvement. The 4g service usually showed up in one spot in my store and then the parking lot. I was in the back of the building where basically cell service goes to die and had no problem browsing Facebook or the Internet browser.

Sent from the phablet king

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to wonder if Sprint changed it's mind about my area. A few months ago, they listed Lakeland/Winter Haven as one of the areas that was going to get LTE in the coming months but now, every list I see doesn't show it anymore.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to wonder if Sprint changed it's mind about my area. A few months ago, they listed Lakeland/Winter Haven as one of the areas that was going to get LTE in the coming months but now, every list I see doesn't show it anymore.

They haven't. Even if you don't see list it looks like people have been recording lte in the area already, check out sensorly Sprint lte coverage in that area:

Purple lines are 4g lte areas

uploadfromtaptalk1366948010241.jpg

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I've heard nothing about this and even the Sprint stores in my area are claiming ignorance about it. Looking at the map, it appears that the one spot tower about a mile from me was one of the ones that was upgraded but the strength doesn't make it to my general area. I've been having tons of reception problems with Sprint since back in Aug/Sept last year and they finally sent me an airave device.

edit:

Actually I was looking at eh WiMax signal on that website. I switched over to the 4G and the signals were much more prevalent between the 2 towers. Odd how very specific it is but neither me, with my Note2 or my wife with her WiMax 4g Epic have ever really gotten 4G service. She did say she saw the 4G lite up on her phone once but it went away before she could show it to me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
They haven't. Even if you don't see list it looks like people have been recording lte in the area already, check out sensorly Sprint lte coverage in that area:

Purple lines are 4g lte areas

View attachment 66211

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning Sensorly, it's a great app, love mapping my town with it!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes you may have a few rough spots during the Network Vision upgrade but it will be worth the wait once the upgrade is further along and LTE starts to light up.

Paul is right.. It will get rough at times but it will be nice once it's better. Jacksonville LTE has been unofficially available for like 3 months... At first I could barley get more than 2Mbit on down speeds but now... Here are my average speeds around town.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367552618269.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367552618269.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367552626037.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367552626037.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367552637242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367552637242.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367552644960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367552644960.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Paul is right.. It will get rough at times but it will be nice once it's better. Jacksonville LTE has been unofficially available for like 3 months... At first I could barley get more than 2Mbit on down speeds but now... Here are my average speeds around town.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Good numbers. Just today I started getting 4G inside my house. I only get between 1 and 3 bars of signal, but my ping is around 40 to 50 most of the time and my download speeds between 5 and 12 mbit/s. The upload speeds aren't that hot, only about 1 to 3 Mbit/s, but I am thrilled that my little town is getting the LTE love so early in the game. In other parts of town I routinely pull down 25 to 33 mbit/s with around 10 to 12 up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca