Galaxy Note 2 or HTC One? Just curious

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the Galaxy Note 2 (through Sprint of course and I get LTE everywhere!!!) and I saw someone wants to trade the HTC One for a Note 2..The videos I've seen are awesome, but is it worth losing my SD card space and removable battery? I didn't know if anyone here had some hands on time with the HTC One to voice their opinion? I love my Note 2, but I am always up for a new phone....I'm awful ha! Opinions anyone?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly,, going to a smaller screen is in my opinion a down grade.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's no comparison, the HTC 1 is a newer more powerful device but it's not in gn2 category. If you were trading a galaxy s4 for an HTC one, I'd say that's more of a real comparison. IMO don't trade your gn2 for nothing less then a gn3, when it drops :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The screen size is not much different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I could never go down,, only up,,, going to take much more than speakers I'll never use to drop down in screen size. I am a fan of htc,, this is not me hating on them. I had all the top evos. If htc came out with a big screen I would probably go back to them. My next phone will definitely be 6 or over,, whether it's the note 3 or a htc.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the HTC One and am debating whether I want a Note II or not. At this point I think I'm better off enjoying my One for the summer and trying out the Note 3 in the fall. If I were you I would just do what makes you happy. Life is too short.

CorruptionDee

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I absolutely love my Note 2. So much that I paid for it straight up, upgrading from a Galaxy S3. Size is everything. I'm so used to the Note 2's size that I can't imagine even going back to a 5 inch screen. The Note 2 is the first phone I've owned where I didn't feel it was outdated when more powerful phones were released (HTC One and GS4). It's a beast and handles anything you throw at it. The only thing I've envied was the 1080p screens. All with be remedied with the Note 3.

mischaT

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 2, my son an HTC One

the HTC is a better media player, sound is better even in headphones or jacked into car audio, better audio driver hardware - wider frequency response, sounds better
HTC camera functions more fun and generally better
HTC great "build quality" - solid hardware, beautiful screen (makes iphone using friends sad/jealous)
speakers on the front ! no more cupping hand behind phone to redirect sound
seems a shame to hide it in a protective case...
does anyone really like "blinkfeed"?

Note 2 - bigger screen - no more fat-finger..., more info on screen, better for "work"
dual apps on screen nice
numeric keys on keyboard
replacable battery (I use an extended battery sometimes, need it...)
micro-sd - you can never have to much storage space...
S-pen is nice when needed, but I really don't use it very often
If I look really closely I can see the "pixelation" of the "only" 720p screen - but not in normal use (I got the big screen so I do not have to look so close...)
had to turn off a lot more annoying auto-functions than on the HTC

(my old HTC Inspire also had better audio than the note 2)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 2, my son an HTC One

the HTC is a better media player, sound is better even in headphones or jacked into car audio, better audio driver hardware - wider frequency response, sounds better
HTC camera functions more fun and generally better
HTC great "build quality" - solid hardware, beautiful screen (makes iphone using friends sad/jealous)
speakers on the front ! no more cupping hand behind phone to redirect sound
seems a shame to hide it in a protective case...
does anyone really like "blinkfeed"?

Note 2 - bigger screen - no more fat-finger..., more info on screen, better for "work"
dual apps on screen nice
numeric keys on keyboard
replacable battery (I use an extended battery sometimes, need it...)
micro-sd - you can never have to much storage space...
S-pen is nice when needed, but I really don't use it very often
If I look really closely I can see the "pixelation" of the "only" 720p screen - but not in normal use (I got the big screen so I do not have to look so close...)
had to turn off a lot more annoying auto-functions than on the HTC

(my old HTC Inspire also had better audio than the note 2)

I have beats audio on my note and it sounds astonishing through headphones or jacked into my car... same drivers as on the one.

Also the htc one has a 4mp camera, performing only better in low light. Clarity and such, the note 2 wins.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I use Bose headphones and they sound way better than the lovely ones Samsung sent with the phone and my audio sounds fine in the car...I think the replaceable battery and SD card has me sticking to the Note 2 for now...

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up trading my Note 2 for the HTC One. I haven't used an HTC since the Hero when I first signed up with Sprint and so far it isn't too bad. The screen size is definitely something to get used to, but I'm sure after a day or so I will adjust to it. After an hour of using it, I really don't know what to think so far lol.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the HTC One on launch day and this week started using a Note 2 and am absolutely in love with it. After just a day with the Note I found even the One's screen just so tiny. I love the idea of a phablet all in one device, and the Note is a fantastic hybrid. Can't go wrong with either phone though. The perks of choice.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I do have to say the reception/signal is way better on the One than it was on the Note 2. I was in an area I've never been able to use my data or send a text message without fighting my phone, and today I used data and sent messages without a problem! According to Sprint, there isn't any NV going on in that area so I'm guessing it was the phone lol

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If I had to choose now that I've used the note 2 for several months and tried the htc one at the store for a while I would still choose note 2. If I wanted a phone that was sleek, easier to hold with great speed but note 2 just has more features that I actually use on a regular basis. Although the new speakers are great 90% of the time I use headphones. Plus the metal casing is cool but I still use cases on my phone so the note 2 will do. Although the htc one is a great phone for me it would be more of a downgrade then an upgrade. Plus like someone said, the only thing that can replace a note is another note.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I pick the one over the note 2 for many reasons. The note 2 is a great phone other than the issues ive been having with it but thats not the deterrent. Its to big for one handed texting. If I talk on the phone a while it gets to be to much to hold. the battery life is not as good as the one imo. To me the one is morw practical and easier to maneuver. Screens better and sounda better. I dont use the s pen or the multi window. But to each there own.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't use the multiwindow feature very often on the Note 2...I found it kind of annoying that I couldn't use the calculator very well and that is really the only time I would use multiwindow. I did use the s-pen but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. My daughter on the other hand misses the s-pen. She can't practice writing her letters and numbers now hahahah. But I have fallen in love the the One now! The screen is amazing and the pics on it have been way better than they were on the Note 2! Not having an external sd card sucks but not as much as I thought it would. I have Dropbox set up to automatically sync to my Mac so I'm not as heartbroken as I thought I would be about that. And I use iSyncr for iTunes, so I'm just in heaven....that was my biggest problem about switching from the iPhone 5 to an android phone again. I'm so glad I found Dropbox and iSyncr! Sorry I went on a tangent there....but I am happy with my One....for now. I'm sure something else will strike my interest and I'll be on Craigslist once again looking to trade phones. I'm actually waiting for Sprint to get the new Windows phones...I've heard I probably won't like it, but I heard the same thing about an iPhone, and I ended up not minding the iPhone either, so I guess we will see what happens when they finally get it hahahaha.

Rab21

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the same thought myself yesterday. The One is lovely, beautifully made. In fact most of the phones on the market are lovely in all regards, but they miss out on that one crucual factor..size ! Even though the other phones feel good and look good they feel toy like when compared with the Note 2. Keep on loving it and either go for the Note 3 which I think will be amazing as they will make it even more of a beast or maybe the T6 if you are thinking along HTC lines, that should be a great great device

Thanks !

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I pick the one over the note 2 for many reasons. The note 2 is a great phone other than the issues ive been having with it but thats not the deterrent. Its to big for one handed texting. If I talk on the phone a while it gets to be to much to hold. the battery life is not as good as the one imo. To me the one is morw practical and easier to maneuver. Screens better and sounda better. I dont use the s pen or the multi window. But to each there own.

I definitely know what you mean about one handed texting. Some texts are harder with one hand but 90% of the time I can use only one hand. As far as battery life it might be your opinion but I highly doubt it that the one gets better battery than note 2 especially after several reviews of the s4 comparison with htc one that said s4 had slightly better battery. On top of that battery is removable. But, the htc one is definitely more practical and easier to use than note 2 that's why I will be getting the htc one for tmobile till note 3 comes out.
But again it's a matter of how you use your phone. To me the note 2 is more of a business phone and I use most of its features, about 80%, I use stylus, smart stay, air view and the feature where you put phone to your ear while in text and it dials the phone. All these little features make me keep this phone over the htc one. But in the end the one is a great phone and with htc sense and more updates coming soon you can't go wrong. I do love that sleek metal and hope more phones come like this.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I definitely know what you mean about one handed texting. Some texts are harder with one hand but 90% of the time I can use only one hand. As far as battery life it might be your opinion but I highly doubt it that the one gets better battery than note 2 especially after several reviews of the s4 comparison with htc one that said s4 had slightly better battery. On top of that battery is removable. But, the htc one is definitely more practical and easier to use than note 2 that's why I will be getting the htc one for tmobile till note 3 comes out.
But again it's a matter of how you use your phone. To me the note 2 is more of a business phone and I use most of its features, about 80%, I use stylus, smart stay, air view and the feature where you put phone to your ear while in text and it dials the phone. All these little features make me keep this phone over the htc one. But in the end the one is a great phone and with htc sense and more updates coming soon you can't go wrong. I do love that sleek metal and hope more phones come like this.

Thats where samsung takes the lead is in their features. I like that they can play pretty much any file given. I wish all phones could do that. The one plays most everything but sometimes not as well as samsung.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar