- 38 Posts
Hi y'all, I'm having a problem with my mobile data. Since I woke up this morning, my data symbol has been flashing the 3g up arrow. No down. I've had this problem once before a couple weeks ago. This time was on a drive from Orange County to LA, moving from 4g to 3g with the problem persisting. It lasted the whole morning into the early afternoon, when it suddenly started working. I thought the reconnection may have been triggered by my uninstalling/installing Stitcher or Google Voice because it started working shortly after I did such. Well, I did that first thing this morning with no results. Not driving this morning.
I'm rooted running MacksRom 3.5 MA7, kernel version 3.0.31-265523 SMP PREEMPT, Android version 4.1.2.
Any help or previous experience with this problem would be appreciated.
- 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM #2
- 49 Posts
Re: 3g stuck?
I have had this issue a couple of times also. I am also in the LA/Orange County area. For me it seems to be related to hitting a dead spot where I have no data coverage and I get a data roaming warning message. After I get out of the dead spot, I get no data (only up green arrow). There have been other times where I get data back after I leave the dead spot. One time when this happened, it finally started working again some hour or so later. Not sure what caused it to work again.
This morning I tried turning the phone to airplane mode. Wait 15 seconds or so. Turn the airplane mode off. The data started working again.
I am starting to see more 4g in the orange county area. I do not know if this is part of the issue.
- 06-11-2013, 10:34 PM #3
- 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM #4
- By Khalifa Kid in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2013, 11:51 AM
- By poena in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
- By sniffs in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
- By Youssef7 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-25-2011, 08:24 PM
- By cjdbass in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 5Last Post: 07-23-2010, 11:43 AM