- 52 Posts
My connection switching to 3G instead of wif when the screen is off.
I first noticed this issue a few weeks ago when I noticed my battery was draining faster than usual. Previously I could go 45ish hours with minimal usage before the battery would completely empty out. However I noticed my battery was dying out after only 20-25hrs of minimal usage. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what was causing that until one day I noticed when I pressed the home button and saw I was connected to 3G at task bar. Within seconds I saw the phone saying it's reconnecting to wifi and 3G disconnected.
It's been consistently doing this every time the screen goes off. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening or if there is an option to fix this?
I'm running rooted stock 4.1.2 with no customizations and only about 25-30 apps. The same apps which were working just fine prior to this battery drain.
Any thoughts or ideas??
- 09-20-2013, 10:43 AM #2
Re: My connection switching to 3G instead of wif when the screen is off.
To fix this slide down the notification bat down and press and hold the WiFi option until it takes you to the WiFi menu then hit the menu button and go into advanced settings and then you need to make sure where it says keep wifi on during sleep make sure the option where it says always is ticked and then simply back out of the menu and there your problem has been sorted.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
- 09-20-2013, 03:53 PM #4
- By disconnekt in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartwatchReplies: 9Last Post: 10-26-2013, 06:12 PM
- By daveross in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2013, 12:11 AM
- By Bloodthirsty in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 8Last Post: 09-20-2013, 03:44 PM
- By Capstrike in forum LG G2Replies: 7Last Post: 09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
- By MarkSeven in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:14 AM