problems transferring pictures to computer, any way to do mass storage?

Menthu

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody I have my note 2 connected to my computer it can iether do a camera mode or a MTP media player. Both don't let me transfer files from the note to my computer and vice versa. Is there a way to get it to perform like a hard drive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: USB hard drive?

Hi everybody I have my note 2 connected to my computer it can iether do a camera mode or a MTP media player. Both don't let me transfer files from the note to my computer and vice versa. Is there a way to get it to perform like a hard drive?

MTP (or Media Transfer Protocol) should allow Windows to recognize your device and import the photos. Alternatively, you should still be able to browse to the local storage on your device when connected to Windows and copy/paste the pics over. I've done it in Explorer with my One and Nexus 7 many times.

Menthu

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Is Kies really that good? I think its janky compared to the way I used to do it where it was recognized as a hard drive. I also want to transfer more than pictures. I have dropbox but thats a pain (especially since my work comp hates it)

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Tried kies with no luck. Really wonky. I just plug into my PC with a USB cable and you can move/copy the files very quickly.

Posted via Android Central App

Ignaz Semmelweiss

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have always been able to import pictures from my phone (Samsung SM G930V) to my laptop with a cable. Suddenly it doesn't work any more. The cable still seems to work since I can use it to charge the phone. I have read advice which says to drop down the shade and change the USB settings, but I can't find those USB settings. When searching for "MTP" or "PTP" nothing comes up.
Can anyone offer advice here? Much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried other cables? It's possible for the data transfer wires in the cable to become faulty (or, alternatively, it's possible for the data transfer contacts in the microUSB port to become faulty).